Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering whether anyone here has any tips on riding with a big dog. A friend who volunteers with the Humane Society took a dog home for the weekend, looks like half German Shepherd and half Coon Hound — probably 60 pounds — and she (the dog) is the sweetest thing. If I were to adopt her, I wouldn’t want to leave her at home all the time, and I don’t want to give up riding.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Side car!
Used to have a motorcycle owner in the neighborhood with a side car and a happy dog with googles along for the ride. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
There's an HD rider not too far from here who has a sidecar and regularly hauls two large rottweilers around in it. Leather helmets, goggles and all.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Backseat

Looks like you have a XC. So personally I would try to set it up so she could ride on the back seat. If you do not have a back rest you could maybe fab one up. Then I would come up with a harness to strap her in. Maybe a four/five point harness from an old kids/baby car seat might work. Maybe a trip to Goodwill or a Salvation Army store could supply you with something on the cheap. Enjoy the new dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts