Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Vegas that has the right side blinker keeps blinking and won't shut off. It won't clear if I push the signal button in. It does have the feature where it turns off by itself (I assume that is called auto canceling?) But nothing works. It won't shutoff it I turn the button the left and then back. I tried disconnecting the battery in hopes it would reset something.

I can say I generally push the signal button in to cancel the signal after I turn, because this is the first motorcycle I have ever had that has the auto cancel feature so I always forget. I can't imagine I wore something out in the switch.

I'm stuck at work so I haven't even taken the switch apart yet to see if there is anything obvious. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and I was wondering where to start.

Also, I'm ready for the jokes. Yes I can always just turn right. And the blinker fluid is topped off.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
My blinkers act up from time to time. I believe the switch gets wet, then dirt collects. I spray some electrical contact cleaner in the switch and it fixes it up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
update:
Thanks everyone for quick replies. I was able to fix it last night and I believe there was some moisture and/or dirt in the switch as a few of you suggested. I took casing apart that holds the switch
and kind of moved some things around, and sprayed some electrical contact cleaner as PaiN mentioned above and after putting it back together it worked fine. I never checked to see if the four-ways worked,
but that would of been a good test.

Sorry for the panic. This happened on my way to work yesterday and it was driving me crazy all day thinking about what the cause could be. I'm back on the road!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts