Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help...

I saw few weeks back that Vic had a kit to replace the commonly worn/damaged latch for the right saddle bag. The kit did not come with a new lock, supposed to reuse your existing lock. I have looked everywhere and can’t find the information.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I don't think Victory has made any effort to replace these. I don't even think they sent out a Bulletin .

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is no reason Victory can't offer a latch and either have dealer techs transfer the whole original lock cylinder or replace the tumblers of a new lock cylinder with the original lock cylinders tumblers. Dealer auto techs do it all the time.

I noticed HD's new saddlebag latches feature two striker
plates to secure the lids. They must use a single latch/lock and linkage. I'd like to see Victory do something like this.

Tech23

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Tech .. Dream on. They don't even recognize it is a problem

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Gave mine a few sturdy taps with a hammer. So far, so good!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone posted the part number for just the pot metal latch housing and a short write-up on how to take it apart and put it back together. Apparently that was not here.

Already modded the loop. Latch was about 50% worn at the time and hasn't moved since. I will be tearing the bike down for paint here in a few weeks and wanted to fix this while I already have it apart.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because I had not heard about any latch problems. Can someone please tell me what exactly I should look for? What exactly is wearing out?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Archer.. look at the thread above for the Witch Doctor link.Go to DIY videos and look for chassis . There is one in there about this latch.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
OK thank you. I will do that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I took off the loop, bent it a bit, reinstalled it and also put a cut up bungee cord in the top rubber stopper. The lids close tight now, no movement on the latch. Seems to be all good. I also lock the bags when I ride. I found that ever since intiating that little ritual, my bag lids never open on the highway or any other time I don't want them to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took my saddle bag to the dealer in December said he called ma victory and was told that they had a repair for this. Got a call the parts are in will take over to them next week will see what they do

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did that exact fix but it took 2 washers when I used 1 I still had paint touch the latch hoop, so I added another and no more paint transfer. Who ever thought that idea up Thanks much for the tip!!thumb up

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
geeky.. that link doesnt seem to work for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
latch

took both bags to the dealer last Friday replace both latches still same key right side closes better than the left now will see how long it last

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I tried finding part# 7082111 on a Victory dealer website with a parts lookup page but it didnt recognize that number in the search. Is this part number for dealer's only to access?

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts