Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my right turn signal would only light up and not blink so I unplugged the relay under the right side cover, cleaned it (very dirty) and all was good. Today I took the XCT out to get gas and now the right turn signal does nothin. Doesn’t just stay lit like the last time. No light no blink, Zilch. Left side is working fine, hitting the emergency flashes only the left front and back signal at twice the speed it used to flash. Both left side lights blink just fine. Break light fine too. Since the relay is a plug with 12 pins and one common ground the ground must be fine because everything associated with that relay works ok. Could just one pin on the relay be out and I need a new relay? Any ideas? I tried to give you as much information as I have at the moment.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Are the bulbs ok?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am having trouble with that circuitry too. this is all I have though for research. (My fuse blows on rare occasions) So, I will read as blowndodge comes up with a solution.
2002 lighting diagram.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting it checked out with my mechanic for things that switches in the left side grip and shortages along the route. If all checks out well then I'll replace #12 in the Victory online parts ordering page.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My relay came in this morning and changed it out. All of 2 minutes and all is fine again! I knew it was the relay because even turning on the emergency flashers wouldn't light the right side which is a different switch than the turn signal switches which meant the handlebar switches were good. It's part number 12 in the link above.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts
Good you got it sorted.
Hopefully same part used on Indians or we can find alternate without Polaris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts