Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. I hope everyone is having a kick a$$ riding season. I just got back from a week long trip to BC. Amazing roads in there.

So I need some input on two projects. Bars, and a front wheel.

BARS

I am looking at the HMD520 and the Ness modular apes. I'm leaning toward the Ness simply because they are adjustable and I like that. At 5'10", should I be going with the 8s or the 12s? I don't want the bars way over the fairing, just nice and straight out in front of me. I've been having a hard time trying to see the difference between the 8s and 12s in pics.

I wouldn't rule out the KewlMetal meat hangers either though.

As well, I don't want to redo my lines and cables so that will likely impact my decision as well.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, mainly on the Ness 8" apes.

FRONT WHEEL

It's time to change out the front. I am looking for a nice front rim but not sure about what sizes will fit the stock fender and not mess with the suspension.

- What size should I be looking at? I'm thinking 21".
- With a 21", will the stock fender work?
- With a 21", will the suspension have issues?
- When do I need to get a new fender?
- How do rotors work when doing this? I have never swapped out a front wheel before.
- Finally, what are some good wheels out there? My machine is black and chrome and I want the wheels to be the same. I've got the scythe mirrors and the pointy avon grips so I want a wheel that has some hard lines, points, and is black and chrome as well.

If y'all can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to get some work done prior to Sturgis this year.

Cheers and Peace.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Front wheel... 21 x 3.5 so you can fit a fat 21" tire on it. Trust me... you will need it for both handling and looks.

Handlebars are such a personal thing from person to person. I went with the Ness modular bars and have been very happy with them. They come in black and chrome and don't need any cable extensions.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
So no change needed to swap to the ness bars?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Correct. I have mine adjusted so I lean forward just a bit to get some weight off an ailing tail bone and give it a more aggressive stance. YMMV.

There is a good thread about these on the forum somewhere when a few of us decided to go this route.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Front wheel... 21 x 3.5 so you can fit a fat 21" tire on it. Trust me... you will need it for both handling and looks.

Handlebars are such a personal thing from person to person. I went with the Ness modular bars and have been very happy with them. They come in black and chrome and don't need any cable extensions.

Nice bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Thanks for the feedback Bbob.

A couple of days ago I put in an order for the HMD520 Gorilla Bagger Bars in chrome. Mike at HMD was real helpful. Even pointed me to a youtube vid showing him ride a vic with these bars. Pumped to get these on.

I'm also working with Jon at WitchDoctors for a drop, rim, and fender. This is what I am looking at in 21". I'll post a pic of the bars as well, great price for a truly custom look.

Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
nice rim!

been lookin for a matching set 3.5 X 18 front 5.5 X 18 to get rid of the square 240 that ruins handling IMO, for a possible hammer purchase, they would look good on the newer black hammers. it seems most vendors forget about the Vic's!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bars and Rims

I went with the Ness bars and a 23 inch custom rim from Coastal Victory. I also got that saddlebag extension from Mike at HMD. I'm happy with it?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts