Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
13,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ty.

One of the guys bought part from him two weeks ago and he has not sent him the part but does have the money

I paypaled him on 12/22 $110 for the open belt drive and asked that he gets me a tracking number when he ships it.. he said he would mail it by the end of the week. A week later I send him a friendly reminder to shoot me the tracking when he gets a chance.. I hear nothing

2 weeks later I message him again to send me some tracking info, and again nothing. I did a claim with paypal and got my money back, and haven't heard from him since. Not sure if he up and left town or purposely tried to take my money.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Ty.

One of the guys bought part from him two weeks ago and he has not sent him the part but does have the money

I paypaled him on 12/22 $110 for the open belt drive and asked that he gets me a tracking number when he ships it.. he said he would mail it by the end of the week. A week later I send him a friendly reminder to shoot me the tracking when he gets a chance.. I hear nothing

2 weeks later I message him again to send me some tracking info, and again nothing. I did a claim with paypal and got my money back, and haven't heard from him since. Not sure if he up and left town or purposely tried to take my money.
Who? :confused:

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
That thread is so bad if you have the ability, and it doesn't cross some boundary, delete it. Not fair to anyone.

As far as the member, do what you will/can.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Am I reading this right Ty ripped you off?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Before I go on I'll qualify. Witch Doctor clearly does good by Victory riders and vice versa. His how to's are not fancy directed and produced infomercials, they are a guy laying n his back in a shed busting knuckles. That's great stuff. I haven't bought thing one from him but if I had the need I wouldn't hesitate despite the Ty's and Victory 1's badmouthing. You can't deliver product that meets all the needs of all the peeps. Belle Starr and Jack Daniels both understood that.

Just figured I had best throw that out there since there is some thin ice around here when somebody calls out a vendor that other peeps have had a satisfactory experience with.

OK, moving on.

I am not going to defend the guys methods but I do think it's a pity he bailed. We got what, 13 pages of wisdom and snark out of that thread. So what he was wrongheaded. He had a issue, it was not the garden variety stuff that gets posted every single day, and it led to a lot of reasonable responses and some not so reasonable responses.

If it takes jerks to up the ante on dialogue, so be it I say. If this were a Prozac forum I would expect everyone to think and act all happy and Birkenstock. This is a motorcycle forum though.

Motorcycle=passion. Some folks get run away with their passion, others want a monotone discussion. Both got something to say.

That said, talk is cheap, parts ain't. You sell something, fork it over. You buy something, get the seller paid. You can be a jerk and still do fair dealing. We don't have to be buddies to trade goods.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Its one thing to get pooned by a vendor , by which you have legitimate recourse , but to get screwed by a forum member is atrocious to me . If chainsaw has sent him a money order or check he would be out that money , this is one small reason that I like paypal . Security after the sale , plain and simple . This TY fellow is an asshat , plain as day .... Todays Motto : Don't screw your forum buddies , its not cool .:mad:

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Its one thing to get pooned by a vendor , by which you have legitimate recourse , but to get screwed by a forum member is atrocious to me . If chainsaw has sent him a money order or check he would be out that money , this is one small reason that I like paypal . Security after the sale , plain and simple . This TY fellow is an asshat , plain as day .... Todays Motto : Don't screw your forum buddies , its not cool .:mad:
Agreed 100%

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Last time I sent a check for something took me three months to get my goods. And only then because i hounded him, called him out and tracked him down on other forums. Still amazed I got my pipes. Never again, paypal only.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
He was logged on 3 days ago. So he's alive.

Best thing you can do is pay with PayPal (not Western Union, or personal check) unless you know the recipient of the payment. The fella might not have done it on purpose, as obviously he would've failed to scam you since you got your money back. Some folks are disorganized and all over the place, and do intend to send the goods, but their life is a big enough mess that they never get to it. So, to protect yourself from mayhem, always pay with PayPal, and if the item's not shipped to you, act immediately and dispute the payment. Without proof of shipment, the seller loses, and you get your money back.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Well... I have been doing deals with members of motorcycle forums for many years. I have always been amazed at the honesty and integrity of bikers.

My first ever transaction was purchasing a sissybar and luggage rack from a guy. He says "I'll ship it out. If you're happy with the condition and you like it, send me a check... if not just send the stuff back.". Boy, you can't beat that!

Once, only once, did someone rip me off. I was SO SHOCKED! Who would sacrifice his 'member in good standing' status on a motorcycle forum over $185? The forums save us more money than that every year easily. To be fair, maybe the poor guy got hit by a bus or something... who knows. It did not deter me, I still do deals with stuff all the time, even "pay me when you can" deals. I like to think people are basically honest. I have sold and bought all kinds of things from $15 jet kits to $700 exhaust systems without a problem and will continue to do so. One bad apple can't spoil it for me.

A guy in Germany wanted a RoadHouse exhaust system for his bike but they didn't sell to Europe. I sent him a PM and said I would buy it and ship it to him if he wanted. He wired the cost of the pipes and shipping into my bank account... I bought the pipes then shipped them to Germany. I would say that took a lot of trust on his part. He was very happy with his new pipes and I felt like I had helped a brother out.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have done about 10 deals on this forum with fellow members , both buying and selling , since I joined last April . Not one hitch or incident , all positive . I'm curious to see if this TY. fella has anything to say on the matter at hand ... wac

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
We converse on these forums so much that we feel we know each other. There's sort of an automatic trust there. I hate to see that broken. It's disappointing.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly HC , I have actually met up with members on this forum , even from other states .... As bikers we share a lot about ourselves with each other and the trust builds from there . I feel I have actually made a lot of friends here. Think about how much time we spend with each other through this website , when you have 2000-6000 posts under your belt , we really have spent a lot of time together albeit mentally , rather then physically .thumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I agree with everyone, I've bought a few things off of guys on here with absolutely not one dishonest person so far. Heck I even paid one member that lived 18 hrs away in another country with a moneygram. Like stated above we cannot let the few people that chose to break the circle of trust ruin it for all the good hard working honest members. It would eat me alive to rip someone that has paid me with there hard earned $, karma's a bitch....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I bought a part from a forum "brother" last Fall, and he actually mailed the part before I sent payment.
Believe me when I tell you.... he did not get F$#@%^&.
We were both happy in the end

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I think the message here is just be wary of people who you dont know so well, and with few posts e.g. me :D (joking of course)

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
We converse on these forums so much that we feel we know each other. There's sort of an automatic trust there. I hate to see that broken. It's disappointing.
I think on every forum there's a core group where the trust is based and new people have to earn that trust. For the most part all of us are a very honest group.

I don't think it's broken at all and yes when it happens it's disappointing.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I bought a part from a forum "brother" last Fall, and he actually mailed the part before I sent payment.
Believe me when I tell you.... he did not get F$#@%^&.
We were both happy in the end
You really got a heck of a deal if you received a happy ending with your part.... ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts