Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on a Magnum the other day and they had a set of the new Victory apes. They had a good feel to them and was wondering what the rise on them is. Anyone have a set who might know or measure from the bottom cross bar to the highest point of the curve at the top?

I was surprised no cable changes needed to be made. Just a relocation of the clutch cable.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I didn't get any responses to this question I went back to the Vic shop to take a measurement. It's about 12"-12.5" from bottom straight where it clamps in to the highest point on the the curve at the top. I was mildly surprised. I expected at least 13".

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I have to say the header of this thread really threw me- I was thinking like Rise of the Planet of the Apes .....:D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There is a 3rd set that are called "Mitered' mini apes in the new catalog. They come in black and chrome.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a set of the victory mitered mini-apes and setting them atop of the factory crossroads bars they matched up even the only difference is the 90* angles. With the factory bars pushed up high it would leave the outside of my hand tilted up which would become uncomfortable on long rides. The mitered mini's just correct your hand placement if you want your bars away from the tank and your fists in the wind.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to say the header of this thread really threw me- I was thinking like Rise of the Planet of the Apes .....:D
Hahaha... now that you mention it; I can see how someone would see it that way. :D

There is a 3rd set that are called "Mitered' mini apes in the new catalog. They come in black and chrome.
I saw those but didn't include them because from what I understand they are just a better looking set of stockers as Dank points out.

I have a set of the victory mitered mini-apes and setting them atop of the factory crossroads bars they matched up even the only difference is the 90* angles. With the factory bars pushed up high it would leave the outside of my hand tilted up which would become uncomfortable on long rides. The mitered mini's just correct your hand placement if you want your bars away from the tank and your fists in the wind.

They are a nice looking set of bars. A taller version would be even better. Something along the lines of the new Mini Apes in the 1.25" x 12.5" Victory came out with at the same time they came out with the Magnum.

The more I think about it the more I think I will get a set. I would have to sell the Ness Modular's I have now though to think about affording them.

The thing is the Ness bars rock too. Oh to be rich, famous, and well hung like most of the guys on this forum, Eh. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
For my CCT, Victory offers a few options for handlebars.

2" Pullbacks which I have on mine now, Item:2878552

Mitered handlebars in chrome, Item: 2877762

Mitered Mini Apes in black and chrome for ABS and Non-ABS models

Ape Hanger Handlebars in chrome and black for ABS and Non-ABS models. I bought the chrome ABS set (item: 2880762-410) for my 2012 CCT but I haven't installed them yet. These are the bars Victory often shows installed on the Magnum. I sat on a Magnum at Randy's Cycle with these bars and liked them.

They can be seen at: http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/handlebars/v12tw36naa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts