Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to remove two rivets that attach the front fender to it's mounting bracket. Now that the fender is straight again I'm at a total loss as to finding someone that can replace those style of rivets. Also, there is not enough clearance to use a nut/screw. I live in Tucson, AZ.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Rivets

If you know someone who has a machine shop or a small Lathe they can turn you some rivets out of soft Aluminum. Easy job.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
which bike

Took the front fender off my XR (Cross Roads). I seen the inner brace was riveted to the fender. I ground off the rivets, knocked them out. Rotated the fender forward one hole on the mount and bolted it together. Now that was a long time ago. Sense then I stuck on a fatter front tire. So I had to flip the small screws around so the nut goes on the outside. I used the smallest screws and nuts I could use. The fit was very tight. I had to clearance the heads of the bolts by grinding them off some. Then I used blue lock tight to help the nuts from coming loose. So I my bike it was a very tight fit, but I did make it work. That was this past year or over 10,000 miles ago that I mounted the fat(rear) tire on the front. Personally I did not paint the bolts, I like the fact that my fender looks different than other Victorys. Most people do not notice it is tilted forward, but some think WTF. It is in the forward position somewhat like a Hayabusha Suzuki. Pictures of it are in this forum someplace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts