Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
No centerstand for a Victory is worth the money. They are all a bad joke. Mine was even dangerous.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Ouch, I just got the RJC one
It will not lift the wheels off the floor, but worse yet, Your cornering angle will be limited if you install it. In 62 years if riding my XR is my first bike w/o a centerstand, so I ordered one when I ordered the bike. What a big mistake that was. It was off and back to the dealer for a refund in 2 days. When I need to work on 'er, she goes up on a lift. Lots mo bettah, brah!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it's changes the lean angle since it does not hang as low as the stock exhaust. It is not designed to pull the rear wheel up but rather to keep the bike erect when air ride is dropped.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I don't think it's changes the lean angle since it does not hang as low as the stock exhaust. It is not designed to pull the rear wheel up but rather to keep the bike erect when air ride is dropped.
Just be vewy, vewy careful with turns--the foot tang has the stand way too low, it won't allow the stand to tuck up and away. I was dragging the stand's foot pads to the point where they were ground down significantly in only 2 days. I wish you had posted an inquiry before you ordered. This has been discussed before with the same input as I'm giving you.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Have you seen photos of it mounted and in the up position? If so, does it hang down below pipe level?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You'll be fine.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Of course that are easy to deploy, they don't lift anything! What good is that other than setting the bike to vertical and for what? Screwing up the handling is a bad trade off for that. C'mon, man up and adapt. :)

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Might try one when n if I do my side dump. We'll see. Got sidetracked now doing a trike. I must have ADHD. I always seem to have too many dang things going on at once. In the middle of doing bag extensions I've decided to do HMD's rock star. Oh well. Push on right.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like me dan. Curious why you chose the rockstar? The squared fillers/fender with the bags hiding behind just looks odd to me.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
To me it looks very sweet. Right and proper for a Victory. Using the stock tail light and turning it upside down and dropping the plate to the bottom. All the others keep the plate centered or up high. In a custom fender it ruins the entire look for me. I'll be in AZ in two weeks and will have the opportunity to visit HMD's shop in person and see it up close. Will know for sure then.

·
Registered
415 Posts
In the strictest definition these aren't "Center Stands" like we used to see on the Jap bikes of the previous century. These are more "Ride Off" stands like HD used to offer on their police versions.

Personally my wife and I put many tens of thousands of miles on an Electra-Glide that was equipped with a Police Ride Off Stand and we loved it. The difference is that the HD version actually mounts to the forward frame members and basically is in front of the engine keeping the center of gravity well aft of the stand. If adjusted correctly the rider and passenger simply step onto the bike via a floorboard, stick her in gear and drive off. The nice thing is that the passenger can board first without the driver or the driver can dismount and walk away while the passenger stays put.

The only problem I ever had with a Ride Off Stand was when I initially installed it I didn't have it adjusted correctly. I got off the bike at my wifes work and left the engine running while I ran in and dropped something off. When I looked out the window my bike had backed down the driveway about 30 feet. It was still right side up and the engine was still running.

I'd love to see a Ride Off Stand for Victory but this one looks like it would be in the way for oil changes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts