Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
That's the venomous Tar Snake. Be wewy, vewy careful it doesn't bite your tires.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Had a rattler strike our last sidecar as we went by it from the side of the road. I was in the sidehack and the wife was driving. The snake was at the bottom of a rocky side hill aptly named rattlesnake hill that butts up to the road in the middle of a curve and faces south on the road we live on in WA. Snakes love that place cause the sun beats down on the rocks and there is a river very close by. Sort of a timber rattler paradise.

He was about a foot from the ditch when the bike rounded the curve and as we approached he coiled up and reared up to strike. I don't think the wife ever did see him but I sure did. I believe he struck at the tire or the side of the car but am not sure because when I saw him begin his strike I tried to get as far away from him as I could, which wasn't very far. I tried to look back to see what happened to him but in that sidecar you had very limited vision to the rear. In that sidecar you were not very high off the ground when your in it. It was a California friendship one similar to this one: http://home.jtan.com/~joe/R75/R75_4.jpg I walked back down there after I got the wife to stop but there was no sign of the snake so striking the car didn't faze him one bit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was coming down a jungle mountain once in a 3/4 Chevy truck and flew around a curve only to see a 15' python stretched out on the road. Had to run over it, was like hitting a log. Coming back up in daylight it was of the road, it crawled off. 2 tire marks in it and dead but dang...

I HATED those flying snakes over there too. I could deal with a myriad of critters, and monkeys, huge lizards..but those flying snakes can give you a restless sleep. They fly from trees, and can even fly from a dead spring. Thats what this video reminded me of.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was coming down a jungle mountain once in a 3/4 Chevy truck and flew around a curve only to see a 15' python stretched out on the road. Had to run over it, was like hitting a log. Coming back up in daylight it was of the road, it crawled off. 2 tire marks in it and dead but dang...

I HATED those flying snakes over there too. I could deal with a myriad of critters, and monkeys, huge lizards..but those flying snakes can give you a restless sleep. They fly from trees, and can even fly from a dead spring. Thats what this video reminded me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaPM4R5f65s
Another reason I'm not a fan of snakes!

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Registered
144 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaPM4R5f65s
Dang, I need a new pair of underwear just seeing that video. Bully would probably love this!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dang, I need a new pair of underwear just seeing that video. Bully would probably love this!

I was waiting for you to chime in! lol. The video is not the worst part. Those damn things fly like that from tall trees and land on their target. They have flying lizards there too. But those flying snakes....I hated those. Poisonous too. Bully can have them....lol. I bet his wife may stop his snake collection shortly after!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was waiting for you to chime in! lol. The video is not the worst part. Those damn things fly like that from tall trees and land on their target. They have flying lizards there too. But those flying snakes....I hated those. Poisonous too. Bully can have them....lol. I bet his wife may stop his snake collection shortly after!
Damn, and I thought flying roaches were bad.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts