Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm currently on a road trip and having an issue with my belt tightening up after about an hour and stsrting to make noise. When I check it its clearly too tight. After letting it sit over night though it loosens up and is wjthin specs. Is this normal, should I set it while hot? Never experienced this before. Ill chr k back for any replies after I get to another spot with connectivity.

Thanks! ( sorry for typos from my phone)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I noticed Eraser's bike is lowered. FWIW...the Vegas manual says the deflection spec is different for a lowered model. Doesn't say what it is though :(. Can this consideration be made for X bikes as well?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Currently on a 11k, 30 day bike trip. Belt didn't make any noise before yesterday but it didn't stsrt getting hot till then either so maybe the extra 30 degrees was just enough to have it start howling at me. I will check it in the morning when its cool out. I thought i set it to 32mm but clearly I didn't. It certainly needs to be loosened up. I don't have my manual with me and I cNt remember, is that checked on the ground or with the bike lifted so the wheel is hanging?

Thanks for the replies. And sorry for the typos from my phone

·
Registered
827 Posts
The belt is checked on the ground.
If it is getting tighter, check for centered (square in swingarm) rear tire. If it is square, then I would loosen just a bit. Too tight is bad.

·
Registered
442 Posts
And, isn't it 32 *Hz*, not mm? Linear deflection is 10-12mm, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts