Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Demo truck will be in Dublin this coming weekend. Going to demo a roadmaster. Any one have one or road one can give me some info on how it rides and how the bars and controls feel.
I know it out weights my current touring bike by 50lbs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got an e mail from dealer. Victory will also have a demo truck there also. So I can finely test a vision and cct. Hope it all goes good tried this at a different dealer and it all went bad fast.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I've ridden one. Comfy bike. Good power. Good wind protection. Has electric windshield so you can have a breeze or no breeze. Handles very well. Looks VERY nice in all black with tan leather.

I'll stick with my XCT because it's even MORE comfortable for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope to ride all three. I read the xc has more leg room. But vision is more balanced. Trying to get as much info on the road master so I will be well informed when I go to dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Dont like the look of the new Roadmaster, very plasticy, looks like a Vespa on steroids!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I test rode it about a month ago. It has an awesome engine tranny combo! Great sound to it!!

Handles low speed super well as compared to my XCT. Don't know about higher speed twisties though. We didn't have any of those.

Storage isn't as good as the XCT. Not going to trade my XCT off anytime soon for one, but I wouldn't mind owning one if money were no object.

If you're tall its not as roomy as the XCT. It fit my 5'8" frame well though.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I rode the Scout and the Roadmaster last weekend. Great time to ride it (Roadmaster) since it is getting chilly here... 65 degrees! I can see how some people might feel a little claustrophobic on that beast. I told my wife "it's a nice bike, but I don't think I could ride something like that until I'm at least 60 years old."
On another note, the Scout is a fantastic bike. All the reviews were spot on. It has the power of a much larger engine. My only complaint is that it is too quiet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have ridden all of the Indian bikes more than once, all are top notch machines. If you get a chance, familiarize yourself with the control you may not be accustomed to prior to taking the test ride... like the radio, windshield, cruize, etc... Then enjoy the ride.

The Roadmaster is what I call a "Super Tour" machine. If that is what you are looking for it delivers in the 9's in every way you can think of.

The Scout is 425 pounds of pure fun. I couldn't find anything to complain about except a couple of prominent bolts weren't chrome. The bike feels like a cross between a small classic cruiser and a small displacement sport bike. Very light, low, and fast. Fantastic machine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dont like the look of the new Roadmaster, very plasticy, looks like a Vespa on steroids!
I thought the same. Seeing it in the flesh, it is much more pleasant on the eyes.
I like the big touring bikes and always have, so I guess that is the draw of the XCT for me. After a couple of years I may be in the Roadmaster market. They sit and display well, so the ride will determining the determining factor. I don't see a test ride in my near future because I may like it too much. LOL
CHeers

·
Registered
659 Posts
I agree, the large, smooth, kinda flat fairing does look a little out of place on such a curvy retro styled bike. The model with the windshield is visually more appealing to me, but lacks the function.

The Roadmaster rides absolutely fantastic from 0-75mph. Great parking lot manners for such a beast of a machine. Smooth, nimble, and very stable at speed. Tons of torque whenever you want it. Smooth positive shifting with super light clutch action. Plush suspension, but not too soft. Great wind protection. The exhaust sound is very good with the OEM upgrade.

I only have a couple of minor complaints... the seating position and egronomics are more Harley-esque, to tight for me. Probably because I am spoiled with all the room on the Vic. And the engine makes too much valve train noise for my taste, similar to the Vic 106. I think this is just a component of modern engine design that I need to get used to.

All that said, I am not in the market for a super tour machine at this point. I love my XCT and plan of keeping it for several more years. The Scout could fill a spot in my garage tho.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I tested one a couple weeks ago.....LOVED it. Only thing it needed was a set of highway pegs, the bars to be rotated up a smidge and the short windshield installed.....

ONLY problem is.......they are selling for MSRP as fast as they arrive at the dealers and in many cases before they arrive........Dealers will not move from MSRP and have no reason to. There is absolutely zero negotiating room and they don't need to. Had I been able to get a little negotiation done I would be riding one today, and I really like my Lloydz powered XCT alot.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Walked into the showroom 2 weeks ago & found the black Roadmaster to be very tempting. The other colors just don't do it & I have never liked a black bike before. The somewhat "ugly" hard lowers don't stand out & seem to fit right in in black.
Then I made the "Mistake" of test riding one at the IMC yesterday. Wow, awesome low end torque, fantastic stock exhaust sound & best stereo I have ever heard on 2 wheels. This was without a doubt the smoothest riding & smoothest running MC I have ever been on in my 42 years of riding. I was amazed how much lighter it felt compared to my Vision even though it weighs in just as much.
2 gripes I have is a very hot running motor. Significantly hotter than the Vic 106, maybe more so than the HD "Ultra Cooker". Also, the LED info display is useless in direct sunlight, unlike the Vic display which works fine. Much more compact seating position (HD ergonomics is what I call it). I can see that adding highway pegs might do the trick though.
There are some HD aftermarket muffin fans available that help cool the heads. If they become available for the Thunderstroke 111, I might be tempted to jump ship.
My rating overall: 9 out of 10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts