Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see more Vics on the road in VA than ever. I'm in Forest, and although the local dealer dropped the Vic line, a multi-brand dealer in Roanoke picked them up. Great (cooler) weather coming fast. Any other local Vic riders interested in runs like Smith Mountain Lake or across Afton to Skyline Dr. or the Parkway???

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey you still in the Roanoke area and gave a Victory bike? I am considering getting a touring Vic but I do NOT like Star Powersports. When I bought my honda I went to christiansburg to buy it. I am going down to Hillsville this weekend to talk to a dealer there. Any experience with them ?
Jim

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Roanoke guys are new to Vics but they do try hard.

Wytheville dealer is GREAT !!!!! He's been dealing in Vics since the start. Very knowledgable. Has worked with Lloyd before. Really knows his ****. Can't go wrong with him.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey

Well I ended up buying the bike from the folks in Wytheville! I liked them

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next time you need to ride back to Wythville for service (or whatever), give me a shout. Always look for any excuse to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey

I certainly will. My name is Jim.
It won't be that long before I get my 500 mile service. Do they work on bikes on Saturday? Otherwise I would have to take a day off from work.
Jim

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah, they'll take care of you on saturdays.... Just give em a heads up your coming.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey

I just noticed something... I can start the bike and actually drive it with the kickstand down! That's not right.. Is it ? My vtx cuts off if you have it in gear and kickstand is down. I can actually drive the Vic with the kick stand down!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vics don't have a kickstand lock out switch. Gotta remember to put it up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent you PM, Jim.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
i thought all bikes had to have a ki8ll switch. oh well. not that i ever forget. one thing i dont like is the heat by the drivers left leg.
jim

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone Else ???

Any other Vic riders around central VA ????

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crap !!!! Boonesboro??? I live in Forest. Ride up towards Big Island all the time. PM me. Well put some miles on.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in the SML area of Bedford county.
SML another real nice place just to ride.

We need to get all the local Vics together for a ride.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts