Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post pics up during the installation, hopefully this weekend, but I do have one question.

The amp came with one speaker plug with tinned wire ends, and one plug that the speaker wires run into RCAs. Do I simply cut off the RCA plugs and use the wires as if they were speaker level input?

Thanks.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Yup, cut the RCA plugs off. The manual shows which is the + and -

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty luvmyride, will have the rca cutoff tomorrow morning.

Took the fairing off tonight, sized up amp and available space.

Is there any drawback to bolting the amp to the radio brackets?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
That's where I installed mine after sturgis. Been running hassle free since.
I used Velcro to secure mine. Don't need more than that for these small amps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

The only thing I would be worried about is heat loosening the the adhesive on the Velcro and the amp coming loose in the fairing. They do get hot!
I mounted mine to the right side fairing support in the pre-existing holes. Drilled the amp mounting holes just a bit and found some extra battery bolts (10mm head 6mm hole size IIRC). SOILD mounting point and get plenty of air circulation.

You're gonna LOVE it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dug around and found a couple sheet metal nuts, or whatever their called they slide over end of metal and has a nut on backside. I mounted amp to the dog ears on the factory radio mount, and inserted a 3/16" foam between the two components since I had that laying around.

After seeing a few install threads with pics I felt there was no need for more, but next time I pull the front off for speaker upgrade I'll get pics of mounting.

So glad I ponied up for this amp, all the positive reviews are spot on. To me, this should be an option when purchasing.

Ty to everyone who's posted pics of their installs & reviews.

Charlie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts