Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone contemplating riding from this area to the AVR this year?
I booked a room and was planning a casual ride, stop in the Sturgis area for a day, Mt Rushmore etc. thumb up

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I booked a room and was planning a casual ride, stop in the Sturgis area for a day, Mt Rushmore etc. thumb up
Where did you book your room at and when/what day(s) did you book it for. Has Victory announced the dates yet?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you book your room at and when/what day(s) did you book it for. Has Victory announced the dates yet?
I booked the Super 8 real close to the factory for Aug 15-18. Victory has not announced anything specifically yet but the opinion is that it will be the same weekend as usual ie Aug 16 & 17.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
If you haven't been to the Black Hills area before, be sure to include riding the Iron Mountain and Needles Highways. Both interconnect and can be done in a day.
A neat trip to the factory, for us Northwesterners, would be a Spirit Lake (on Mt. St. Helens) to Spirit Lake, IA.
thumb up

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't been to the Black Hills area before, be sure to include riding the Iron Mountain and Needles Highways. Both interconnect and can be done in a day.
A neat trip to the factory, for us Northwesterners, would be a Spirit Lake (on Mt. St. Helens) to Spirit Lake, IA.
thumb up
Thanks for the tips - have look at adding to the trip.
Spirit[/U] Lake (on Mt. St. Helens) to Spirit Lake, IA. Makes it hard to figure out whether you are coming or going :crzy:

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Thanks for the tips - have look at adding to the trip.
Spirit[/U] Lake (on Mt. St. Helens) to Spirit Lake, IA. Makes it hard to figure out whether you are coming or going :crzy:
That's my normal state of mind. :crzy:
Iron Mtn. Hwy. is the one that loops over itself in a couple places in order of gain altitude in a tight area and Needles Hwy. has a real tight one way tunnel so no motorhomes are allowed. :)
Every motel in that area has picto-maps, be sure to get one - very helpful.

·
13,002 Posts
I don't know how any one who can go to the black hills for less then a week. There are so many fabulous roads. Like go to Bell fourche head west to devils tower great road.
On your way to AVR check the maps there is way so its not all freeway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts