Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy picked up his bike this week brought it over to show me. Had to take around the block to compare with my cross-country. Biggest thing I noticed is wind protection from everywhere. Very nice touring bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
My buddy picked up his bike this week brought it over to show me. Had to take around the block to compare with my cross-country. Biggest thing I noticed is wind protection from everywhere. Very nice touring bike.
Sounds like all it needs is the storage capacity of the cross country and its be perfect. I like the idea of a fixed fairing over a non-fixed.

You guys should go for a decent ride and swap bikes on the return trip:grin

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yup storage. Main big reason I went with the XCT vs Vision. I really liked the handling on the Vision.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The vision has LESS storage?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The vision has LESS storage?
OH yea. VIsion looks like the bags are big, but they dont go all the way back like it looks. Web bike world says 40 gallons storage on XCT, 29 gallon on Vision.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh. I know the Indians have less and thought the vision had more than XCT.
I'm sure they are good bikes though. :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
36.2 on the Buick Roadmaster. ER I mean Indian, sorry get them confused cause it looks like the Buick my folks had in the 60's

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Now isn't that funny - when I was first learning about Victory I rode the two models side-by-side on the same day to compare them and the Vision was blowing me all over the place while the CCT was much calmer.

First time I ever heard this one .. Tested the Vision several times and have yet to find a Ride with less Buffeting or Better Wind protection ..

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
The lower wind deflectors seemed to have been a very popular Vision accessory. Many owners said the bikes needed them to clean up the air movement around the rider.

When I was buying my CCT in 2013 the dealer suggested I test ride the Vision. I never did and I still never have ridden one. It's just not for me. IMHO, the Vision was an albatross Victory Motorcycles was never able to shake. Ride quality, regardless if you think it good, average or poor, never mattered to the H-D crowd Victory was so ferverently chasing at the time of the Vision release. The overwhelming majority of the riders Polaris was targeting took one look and never considered a Victory again. 'Polarising'?, Yes, most certainly and a gamble Polaris management and Victory Motorycles lost everything with.

Had Polaris come out with the CC & CCT bikes first, poor Vision sales due to such polarizing aesthetics and poor luggage space utilization likely would have been been a much different story. The Vision, after the Cross bikes, could have been a huge sales hit. Had they simply come out with a non polarizing frame mounted fairing thereby creating an actual 'upgrade' to the Cross Country and Cross Country Tour.

Never the less, it's all speculation at this point. I'm thrilled so many Vision pilots love their rides like I love my CCT.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
As most newcomers to the used Victory market I don't know or care what came first but I never got excited about the Vision. When I seen the cross bikes online was after I bought my Honda in 2012 and I really loved the look but the high price kept me away. Now I have one. :)

Vision looks more like an older Goldwing than anything HD in my opinion.

Not knocking the Vision at all. There are few used cross bikes in this area and no Visions at the time I was looking. I think that is a sign of happy owners.

·
Registered
302 Posts
First Vic bike I saw was a Vision and I thought it looked like a very big and expensive scooter with that front end. 2nd Vic bike I saw was an orange with black pipes, covers etc cross country and I fell in love.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When I first saw the Vision, that was the bike I wanted. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the huge saddle bag lids and the small saddle bag compartments. I bought the XCT because it seemed to ride as well as the Vision and had much more area to put things.

·
13,003 Posts
Sorry you guys feel that way about the vision. I saw my first vision at a local watering hole on a normal fri,sat night there could be 50 to 150 bikes. A blues band would be playing and all 5 bars packed with drinkers. Any we pulled up to the bar about 11:30 pm and there was a group of guys standing in a circle around something. Parked the bike and walked over to see. There was a vision laying on its side."What" the guy picks it up and pushes it over on the other side. He pulls out $2 hundred dollars cash and says any HD baggers can knock their bike over and NO parts fly off he'll give them the $2 hundred dollars. Yup no takers. I liked the bike and the following week we were in sturgis. Sitting on the patio here comes 2 vision. Arlen and Cory Ness. So I walked over to see the two bikes and ask Arlen what he thought. He said he just drove it from CA shop to here. I asked if I could ride it. He said tomorrow come down to sturgis and pick it up from his both. I was riding a 05 CVO that was as nice of ride one could ask for. I hopped on the vision and was gone for 2 hours. I was hooked Arlen said he didn't think I was coming back. So I bought a vision and after 2 months I went to local dealer for demo days. I road a pretty CC we went on a 15 mile ride. Sorry didn't like the position of the bars or the way the wind hit me. I'm not a fussy rider when the wind hits we so be it I'm on a motorcycle not a cage. Any how I have rode the vision to CA down the coat and back home. I had plenty of storage room and when we hit rain only the top part of my pants got wet. I think the vision is more agile then a CC and easier handling

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Vision is easily competitive with the Goldwing. I've seen the video online throw it over pick it up one hand. Pretty awesome stuff.

My XCT been over on its side more than once since May and I can't do that trick.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For those who love the looks of the Vision I have no doubt they are a great bike. I just find them too future looking for my taste. I like the CC blend of modern yet still looking like a cruiser.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I don’t know if I’d consider it too futuristic seeing as it’s 10 years old :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts