Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the new Gunner to my RAT group's July meeting. (Yes my wife lectured me on how that was "disrespectful", but many of the riders there have 'other' bikes, and besides I'll ride whatever/whenever I please.) :D

Anyhoo, I can report 100% positive reviews from the RAT's. thumb up One fella who owns 10 (?) new & classic bikes told me, "If I was going to buy a cruiser-type bike, that's what it should look like," and my group leader reiterated how he wished our dealership [which carries Polaris ATV's] was able to sell the Vic line too. Several questions about hp and engine cc's.

See? We can all play nice together. cheers

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
...................Coolaz!:)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My riding group was 4 bikes: 2 Vics and 2 Triumphs. If I didn't love my XR so much, I'd be a Triumph guy too, cuz I think the Thunderbird Commander is freaking beautiful.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dump truck or not, it is on my "short list" if I ever stray from the Vic family. Cool bike IMHO
I haven't test ridden it, but I've sat on it numerous times in the showroom and just can't come to like it. Bars and tank feel too wide, and I don't like the floorboards and heel-toe shifters. Just not my thing I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I too thought about a Triumph. Not to replace my Vic but to add to. The Rocket III would be my choice. That thing has some crazy power. It is absolutely ugly and looks like it would handle bad (no clue if it does or doesn't) but I do know that thing is FAST! :cool:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
lol, even my RAT group leader said the T-bird "handles like a dump truck." :p

It is pretty, though.
That's disappointing. Sure is nice to look at tho.

I too thought about a Triumph. Not to replace my Vic but to add to. The Rocket III would be my choice. That thing has some crazy power. It is absolutely ugly and looks like it would handle bad (no clue if it does or doesn't) but I do know that thing is FAST! :cool:
Haven't had a chance to actually ride a Rocket III, but I've thrown a leg over a couple, and man are they HEAVY. Top-heavy too, I noticed, just testing the bike's balance. But they sure do look cool and are stupid powerful.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's disappointing. Sure is nice to look at tho.

Haven't had a chance to actually ride a Rocket III, but I've thrown a leg over a couple, and man are they HEAVY. Top-heavy too, I noticed, just testing the bike's balance. But they sure do look cool and are stupid powerful.
But... "too" stupid? How much power is too much for two-wheels?

And I don't mean at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I mean a mass-market bike for driveways and residential streets, lol.

I love the 106 in my Gunner, and I guess I can see the Honda and Kawa cruisers that were up at 1800 and 2000 cc's. But 2,300??

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
But... "too" stupid? How much power is too much for two-wheels?

And I don't mean at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I mean a mass-market bike for driveways and residential streets, lol.

I love the 106 in my Gunner, and I guess I can see the Honda and Kawa cruisers that were up at 1800 and 2000 cc's. But 2,300??
lol I imagine the "stupid" threshold depends on the rider. Personally, I would end up dead or in jail on a Rocket III.

...my stupid threshold is pretty low.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like Triumphs. I think the make some good bikes and are reliable. I actually sold my 07 Speed Triple to purchase my Hammer. I love everything about the S3 but I just could not get comfortable on long rides. I even bought a corbin seat but still no go. Then S3 is pretty a quick bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like Triumphs. I think the make some good bikes and are reliable. I actually sold my 07 Speed Triple to purchase my Hammer. I love everything about the S3 but I just could not get comfortable on long rides. I even bought a corbin seat but still no go. Then S3 is pretty a quick bike.
Oh and when we're talkin about something like the speed trip, that's a whole 'nother story. But that's basically a sportbike, lightweight and maneuverable.

The Rocket is a tank of a bike, with an engine as big as a Cadillac.

Well, almost. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes you are absolutely right about the S3. Didn't have the top end of a sportbike but lots of torque that was awesome on the street. Top end banzai runs though, my R1 would pretty much kill it toasty:D

I've never ridden a big Rocket III but I did sit on one and picked it up from it's stand...holy smokes it that HEAVY!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
purchased my 2012 bonnie a year before my hammer, being only $7700 i could not give away my modified sporty in trade, but worked a great deal at a hardly dealer on my 8xx miles preowned hammer. heres my other bike that feels like a sportbike but slower 440 lb dry i believe
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
right back at ya, had a 70 bonnie in 70, great bike but lots of vibes. one test ride + i was sold. same happened with 13 hammer, don't really know why anyone really wants a hardly? so many dealers so many adds, brainwashing i guess

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks! I'll own a Thruxton someday. Maybe when I retire which isn't that far in the future. A far as Harleys go, well, I like to get a lot bike for the money and with how much they are going for I don't think I'll be going that route. I ride with a lot of them and their fine bikes just not my cup of t. I'm thankful I looked at a Victory. Ride one and you will own one...happpened to me for sure. I'm actually thinking of selling my R1 and replace it with a Kingpin or Gunner.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wifes ride is a 95 thunder bird triple. Great street engine for her. She's small so it is lowered with a low corbin seat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts