Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully people took deliveries of thier new Indians and are really busy putting miles on them. I rode up to Rome, NY frpm Long Island this weekend. The weather man got it completely wrong and I rode in rain all three days. Got to dealership around 230 p.m. I rode the Chieftain twice. The motor and gearing seems smooth and everything they wanted it to be. Finding nuetral is very easy which I have a nuetral finder on my Kawasaki so I am use to that but, I know many motorcycles its not so easy. Switching gears is quiet which I am not use to, very nice. Sitting behind the fairing is nice and you are sitting in the motorcycle. The seat is firm but very comfortable. One thing that I really like is the power windshield. I was riding with it all the way down and at 5'10" I could see over the wind screen. Then rain started and I put it all the way up and no drops were hitting me. Also when looking at handle bars they are thick and look awesome. The hardbags are not huge but a little bigger inside then I expected and very solid. I liked the power locks. Stock exhaust is decent sounding much better sounding then the stock Victories. My wife was with me and riding two up was a breeze and handling was perfect and suspension handled bumps smooth. They don't give you much of a chance to open the throttle but there is plenty of power.I dont think there will be any more HP then the Victory 106. I will be watching these until the end of next year and probably be getting somthing new. Cross Country, Vision or Indian. Looking for storage space but I really like the power windshield.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to riding the Indians as are several of my buddies. I love the look and have heard great things about them, esp. the Chieftain. I don't want to lose any storage space tho....it's great to be able to stop at the store on the way home and have plenty of room to drop intoand Long trips with no strap on bags.
I picture the Indians having more low end grunt/torq but the Vic 106 pulling out front quickly - over head alloy cams vs push rods....not to much competition for close cubic inches..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Great report. You hit on a lot of key items that interest me too. Would be nice if you could take one out on a nice clear day and open her up. From what you stated about power delivery I believe the Indians will not have a problem in that dept. Sounds like you found your next bike.:ride:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I rode both the Chieftain and Vintage. The Chieftain was nice, not much head buffeting. It did most everything well, and it's gorgeous. I couldn't get the power windshield to work every time on the one I rode. If I didn't have a bike, and if I had a local dealer, that would have made my decision easier. But my closest dealer is 4 hours away and I never could get a firm answer on how warranty work would be handled. For now, I'm keeping my Street Glide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no Indian dealers on long island. I think storage will have a huge part in my next motorcycle. I always travel with my wife and she needs at least 3 pairs of shoes. Shoes take up a tremendous amout of space. The Vision has the power windshield but I think it will be the Cross Country Tour. 41 gallons.and the quick release tour pack is sweet.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I have a Cross Country Tour, and I agree that it has a great amount of storage space.

I would just like to point out that shoes are hollow, in order to accommodate feet within them. This hollow area can be used for packing. She can fill her shoes with socks/hose, undies, cosmetics, etc. No motorcycle will have as much packing room as a Chevy Suburban. You have to learn to pack smart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do utilize the shoes but I am ditching the leather for some lighter jackets during the summer. They end bungied to top of evrrything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts