Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few guys liking this oil but I can only seem to find the t6 diesel .Ive been to a couple different wally worlds. There has to be a difference right?

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I see a few guys liking this oil but I can only seem to find the t6 diesel .Ive been to a couple different wally worlds. There has to be a difference right?
That's the one and only.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would presume safe to use then? That is the brand you use right?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Spanks , this is what I use also .... Great stuff !thumb up

·
Registered
530 Posts
another T-6 user chiming in. I run it in mine and have absolutely zero issues with it or shifting or anything negative. change mine every 3500 miles... cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Change mine every 5000 closing in on 45,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is the T6 a full synthetic? What other blends are ok to use from Rotella?

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Is the T6 a full synthetic? What other blends are ok to use from Rotella?
Actually I use 4 qts T 15-40 and 2 qts T6. My 04 holds 6 qts.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I started with T6 full syn 5w40 a few years back in my '06 Yamaha Venture. Then in my Wing, and now in my CCT.

Tried other oils in each of those bikes but always seem to come back to T6.

It's the one in the BLUE jug.

T6.jpg

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I sent in a sample of T-6 with 7,000 miles on it to be analyzed. Results came back saying there's a good 2,000 miles left in it. O'Reilly's has it on sale for under $22 / gallon and if you get their emails, you can use one of the $5 coupons too. Not only is T-6 a great oil for my bike, its the cheapest JASO-MA rated synthetic I can buy.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I sent in a sample of T-6 with 7,000 miles on it to be analyzed. Results came back saying there's a good 2,000 miles left in it. O'Reilly's has it on sale for under $22 / gallon and if you get their emails, you can use one of the $5 coupons too. Not only is T-6 a great oil for my bike, its the cheapest JASO-MA rated synthetic I can buy.
That speaks volumes.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
That speaks volumes.
You bet your bippy it does, Vin. It tells me that I can not buy a better oil for my bike at any price. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
This is pretty much what I do too with excellent results. I usually shoot for a 50/50 mix though. Price is right for 2 gallons for under $35.

Naturally my 04 also takes 6 quarts. I changed it at around 3k miles because a lot of the riding I do on that bike is around town with lots of starts and stops. The oil was getting pretty black but otherwise everything was working fine. I wish the XC trans was as smooth as the KP trans; especially with fresh oil in it.

Once I use up what I have I will probably try the Rotella semi-synth in the right weight.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Once I use up what I have I will probably try the Rotella semi-synth in the right weight.
T5 but it doesn't advertise the JASO rating but from what I've read it's OK they just never had it certified.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
not a REAL synthetic

T-6 like most oils labeled synthetic is a group III highly refined crude oil. being diesel it has a better add pack as well as unneeded additives for diesels. being a 5-40 its great in colder weather but needs a lot of short lived viscosity index improvers. Vindex is smart using the 15-40 with it, even though not all group III "synthetic" its closer spread 15-40 vs 5-40 requires less viscosity index improvers. this does not apply to superior man made group IV + V real synthetics like Redline + Amsoil

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
T-6 like most oils labeled synthetic is a group III highly refined crude oil. being diesel it has a better add pack as well as unneeded additives for diesels. being a 5-40 its great in colder weather but needs a lot of short lived viscosity index improvers. Vindex is smart using the 15-40 with it, even though not all group III "synthetic" its closer spread 15-40 vs 5-40 requires less viscosity index improvers. this does not apply to superior man made group IV + V real synthetics like Redline + Amsoil
Holy crap is that a compliment?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
What is the reason for blending the 2? Id rather not play mad chemist if I do I'll probably just go with amsoil for ease of use. The only jug I could find had "diesel" on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
What is the reason for blending the 2? Id rather not play mad chemist if I do I'll probably just go with amsoil for ease of use. The only jug I could find had "diesel" on it.
They all have diesel on them.

I did a series of three lab tests with Rotella T, 15-40 Rotella T6, and a combination and the combo tested best. All tested good with LOTS of life left in them. Ricz posted about going 7000 miles on T6 with plenty of life left in the oil.

This may sound smart ass but it isn't. I'm not here to sway anybody because in reality I just don't care what you do. Use Amsoil I'm sure it's a fine product.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts