Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own several brands of motorcycles including a Star 1300, Vulcan 900, 2010 Goldwing and now a Cross Roads. I have used Rotella® T Triple Protection in all of my bikes with the exception of the CR. They all have the same wet clutch as a Victory. I used Mobil V twin 20-50 for several oil changes on the Star 1300 & Vulcan. I found that the Mobil made the bikes knock more than any other oil I have used in my motorcycles. I have over 12,000 miles on the Star 1300 using Rotella® T Triple Protection with factory filters and probably will not change.

Tell me why I shouldn't use this in the CR. It is rated JASO-MA

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
GOOD LAWD!!! Not another one of these oil threads!! LOL:ltr:

Do a search for Oil. You will have plenty to read.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil Threads

GOOD LAWD!!! Not another one of these oil threads!! LOL:ltr:

Do a search for Oil. You will have plenty to read.
I have read all the posts and that is why I started a new thread. I am seeking opinions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opinions

Hmmmmmm....there are a LOT of OPINIONS in those threads? What more are you looking for?
Yes there are opinions. I am asking if anyone has used Rotella Triple protection and if they have, what is their experience. Do you have anything to offer or are you just enjoying the harassment?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Me...? I always enjoy the harrassment....LOL...But, I am going to Amsol next change....Not real happy with customer support aftr the sale...LOVE the bike..just dealer is an asshole.....oops sorry can I say asshole here..? If not sorry for using the word asshole.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me...? I always enjoy the harrassment....LOL...But, I am going to Amsol next change....Not real happy with customer support aftr the sale...LOVE the bike..just dealer is an asshole.....oops sorry can I say asshole here..? If not sorry for using the word asshole.
So why Amsoil? I guess I haven't bought into the hype on it yet. If you are changing oil evry 2,500 miles like the manual says, that gets expensive in a hurry. Their website says change at twice the standard interval or 5,000 miles. I will put 15k - 20K miles every year so 3 - 4 oil changes a year. At $65 per change, it seems to me like regular JASO-MA oil @ $3 -$4 per qt and change at 2,500 miles makes sense. Will I get a better deal when I trade in 3-5 years?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well let's see...where do I start....? OK, lets look at this another way...Oil to your bike is like blood to your body....Lets say you are going to need a lot of blood...but hey, that stuff is expensive...you can get monkey blood cheaper so why not...? LOL...I really don't care if you put urine (see cleaned it up) in your bike...I just mentioned that after I did MY HOMEWORK..I decided to go with Amsol..you do whatever you want with your ride...I spent a lot of money on my ride and I will take as good of care of it as I can....good luck

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not disrepecting your decision

Well let's see...where do I start....? OK, lets look at this another way...Oil to your bike is like blood to your body....Lets say you are going to need a lot of blood...but hey, that stuff is expensive...you can get monkey blood cheaper so why not...? LOL...I really don't care if you put urine (see cleaned it up) in your bike...I just mentioned that after I did MY HOMEWORK..I decided to go with Amsol..you do whatever you want with your ride...I spent a lot of money on my ride and I will take as good of care of it as I can....good luck
Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I think a little differently than most people do and ask a lot of probing questions. When I said "bought into the hype" I wasn't being disrespectful to your opinions. I was merely stating that I haven't been convinced to use Amsol yet.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I wasn't harassing you so calm down.

I've used Rotella T and will not use it again except in a bind. It started breaking down around 750 miles. It was hard to shift and neutral was all but impossible to find.

First off contrary to what some of these guys TRY to convince you of Victory worked with the manufacturer of their oil to come up with a certain blend. This helps with the cooling of the bike. Don't listen to the opinions on the Temp dipstick because that is not an accurate temp measurement.

The oil helps cool the engine.

Why risk it???

I've said it before and I honestly believe it. People that have had engine failures I personally believe may have been contributed to their use of other brand oils. My personal opinion only. I can't prove it nor disprove it.

However I have never seen or heard of a clutch slipping with Vic oil. I have heard of slippage with all the other brands.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't harassing you so calm down.

I've used Rotella T and will not use it again except in a bind. It started breaking down around 750 miles. It was hard to shift and neutral was all but impossible to find.

First off contrary to what some of these guys TRY to convince you of Victory worked with the manufacturer of their oil to come up with a certain blend. This helps with the cooling of the bike. Don't listen to the opinions on the Temp dipstick because that is not an accurate temp measurement.

The oil helps cool the engine.

Why risk it???

I've said it before and I honestly believe it. People that have had engine failures I personally believe may have been contributed to their use of other brand oils. My personal opinion only. I can't prove it nor disprove it.

However I have never seen or heard of a clutch slipping with Vic oil. I have heard of slippage with all the other brands.
Sorry Man,

I am used to the 1300 forum where I know everyone much better. As I get to know the real "shakers and movers" in the forum I will get better at filtering information. I appreacite the input and your comments.

Larry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a firm believer in Amsoil products. I use Amsoil 20w50 motorcycle oil and change every 5,000 miles with new filter. I have found transmission shifts smoother and engine runs quieter.I have used Amsoil since the early 70's and very satisfied. The best way to buy Amsoil products is to become a preferred customer and order direct from amsoil as it cuts out the middleman. I also use Amsoil Quickshot in fuel tank because it stabilizes and deals with ethanol problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Am on my second oil change using Rotella T6 and have no complaints or concerns. Shifting and noise levels are OK. At just under $20 a gallon, I can go for more rides on the money I save. What's not to like?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought my bike used and only used rotella until this last oil change. I switched to vic oil on this oil change. I noticed one thing right away with the vic oil. The motor seem to be releasing more heat. Take a look at this video

·
Registered
679 Posts
I bought my bike used and only used rotella until this last oil change. I switched to vic oil on this oil change. I noticed one thing right away with the vic oil. The motor seem to be releasing more heat. Take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXl0XVwR6Y
I don't run anything but victory oil, but did you notice that so called vic expert said 20-50 victory oil?? HMM never seen 20-50 Victory brand oil:ltr::ltr::ltr: He better go back to reading the script :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts