Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of back and forth on the oil subject, but I was just wondering how many of you out there actually use the rotella and if you have experienced any issues using it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I used Rotella in my VTX1800 for years and never had an issue with it.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
I use it in by Kingpin's since they require more frequent oil changes and the cost for the Rotella is more in line with my budget. I mix the dino and synthetic together half and half and change the oil somewhere between 3 and 4k miles. I bought a box of 12 Wix filters so I don't need to chase one down when I get around to changing the oil.

On my XC I just changed to Valvoline dino motorcycle oil with Valvoline synthetic oil. Same thing; half and half. I could really tell the motor was running much smoother. The Valvoline dino mc oil is available at Walmart now. I found the synth at Autozone.

Cost with filter is about $25 for the Rotella and about $35 for Valvoline. If you are lucky enough to live near a Tractor Suppy (store name) you can find the T5 Rotella that is a synthetic blend already to go for about $20 a gallon.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You can't go wrong using T6 straight up... it says that it is a synthetic, but it is a synthetic that is dino based.

I have been using it since it first appeared on the market and it performs extremely well especially for a "one hole" bike. I have never experienced clutch slippage and everything runs quiet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rotella T6 and Purolator Filter

Cross Country has over 40,000 miles on her.
Use Rotella T6 and Purolator ML16851 filter.
Runs strong, smooth and quiet!
Also get great gas mileage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i used it exclusively in my last sv650 without any trouble at all.
so far in my xr, just the victory oil but i have only had the one oil change so far.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I get the T5 at the local Tractor Supply. Can't beat the price for the gallon jugs. Use Napa gold 1356 (made by Wix) oil filters at around $6 each. And best of all, love that 5,000 mile oil change interval !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put over 100,000 miles on my Valks using Rotella with no problems. 20,000+ on the VTX 1800r and now have over 7,000 miles with the stuff on my Vision and the bike is doing great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
T6 amazing oil, great value..... I use it in my Dodge R/T Dakota, Jag XJ8, Cross Country, Lawn Mowers and my 1984 Honda VF700S. Good stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts