Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anybody have one of these for sale? Does anybody know if it would be possible to powder coat it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My son had his 09 8ball headlight powder coated, and then put Harley black apes on it too. It looks good..

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's excellent news!!! I now just need the light... Do you have one? Trade you for my bullet style on the Highball? Lol

You might try posting in the classifieds of this forum. wanted:...... "upper left hand corner of your screen" site navigation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would post a pic of the bike, but I am computer challenged. I tried to cut and paste but it wouldn't work. Suggestions? I am going to look for instructions in the web site that I hope I can understand else I could send email. That I do.
Thanks Diamond I found your post!
My three boys have Vics and I am buying raffle tickets for my daughter else she gets mine if I drop.
tom

Attachments

·
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Powder coat will stick as long as you scuff the **** out of the chrome with a scotchbrite pad. You can get low heat powder now as well if your worried about heating it up to 450°...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You could also plastidip the headlight, it will stick to chrome no problem. Plastidip is durable enough as well and looks great as long as you don't hold the spray can too far away when your spraying it. You can also peel it right off if you don't like it. This is the method I would do, cheap and easy also almost looks like powder coat except it is flat, but you can get plastidip clear coat now as well....

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have an 03 vegas with the round headlight. been thinking of getting the bullet style. would these 2 lights interchange without any problems ?

·
Vendor
85 Posts
If I remember correctly the headlight plug is a little different. The old round one uses a 3 plug similar to that of an older car. I believe the bullet has a clip in bulb. I will have to look. Another thing to consider is the hid bulb. Does yours have one now, or just bone stock. This was a pretty popular upgrade in the day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts