Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...thinking about making 2 changes to my 8-ball in the upcoming months. First I want to put on a round headlight instead of the current model. While making this change, I would also like to utilize an LED light instead of the HIDs I currently use.

Has anyone else made this change? If so, what did you use? I see Victory sells the replacement LED lamp, but that would keep my current squared off light. HD has a bunch of round LED lamps, but unsure I can utilize 1 of theirs. Probably doubtful.

I found a post saying Truck-Lite's 7in would work...but again I am not savvy when it comes to these types of modifications.

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP...so I picked up a 7" round OEM still bucket headlight, then today I ordered the H11 to H4 converter and the JW Speaker 8700 LED headlight. Gonna try and hook it up this weekend. I will add pictures for others interested in the same setup.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So install will be completed this evening, hopefully. The JW Speaker 8700 LED headlight DOES in fact fit with the OEM round bucket headlight off the Vegas. But you will need and H11 to H4 converter.

The converter is about $25 and the JW 8700 is about $350.

Here are some pics to show the 8700 installed in the bucket and the adapter. I will post more pictures when i complete the mod tonight, including pictures inside the bucket light for the installation process, which is VERY easy.

8700 placed in bracket in the bucket without the ring:

Side view of bucket and 8700 installed (still need another coat of plastidip on the ring):

Front view of 8700 in bucket with ring:

Adapter needed:

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
That is a great looking bike! I do believe your going to love the night rides with that big LED light. What kind of bag is that on your swingarm? It looks huge!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a great looking bike! I do believe your going to love the night rides with that big LED light. What kind of bag is that on your swingarm? It looks huge!
Yea I am looking forward to the night rides. Yes the bag is large...but not overly large. I am not exactly sure what type of bag it is as i bought it on ebay. it should be mounted like normal saddle bags, but i removed the brackets and used it on the swing arm.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks great, but how doe sit perform?

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea I am looking forward to the night rides. Yes the bag is large...but not overly large. I am not exactly sure what type of bag it is as i bought it on ebay. it should be mounted like normal saddle bags, but i removed the brackets and used it on the swing arm.
A little off topic but what kind of front turn signals do you have???

Nice ride BTW cheers

·
Premium Member
145 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
hey Capt- when you go by part #'s- they are not.

But- being that I'm comparing his 2009 Vegas to a 13-14 Judge, I wasn't surprised to see they differ. (main part #- not just the suffix they use to differentiate black/ chrome)

I printed that Pdf which has all the measurements, so I'll figure it out that way. Eyeball MK1 says it looks damn close..

Just hope that H4 connector it comes with plugs right up to the Judge's H4.. and that's it (!?!) If so- it's looking like a damn plug and play unit. Unheard of for our Judges' sheesh... :D

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
hey Capt- when you go by part #'s- they are not.

But- being that I'm comparing his 2009 Vegas to a 13-14 Judge, I wasn't surprised to see they differ. (main part #- not just the suffix they use to differentiate black/ chrome)

I printed that Pdf which has all the measurements, so I'll figure it out that way. Eyeball MK1 says it looks damn close..

Just hope that H4 connector it comes with plugs right up to the Judge's H4.. and that's it (!?!) If so- it's looking like a damn plug and play unit. Unheard of for our Judges' sheesh... :D
It certainly wouldn't be surprising if the part numbers were different for the same piece! As we know, Vic is well known for that!

I can't think of any reason that our H4 connector wouldn't connect right up to theirs, as long as one is a male and the other is a female. Maybe we might get lucky...wouldn't that be nice! :)

Keep me/us informed if you go for this. If it works, I will pick one up on my way home to Panama.

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts