Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What range of RPM do you keep your engine at when riding? I typically had been in the 2-3K range. Recently was trying out the 3-4K range, running the engine a little faster and not shifting to a higher gear as soon.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Never under 2500 and as high as 4500++ in the twisties. The higher the revs the more throttle control there is. I have done spirited runs over 200 on back roads with out ever hitting 6th gear. These Vics love to be turned loose, and it doesn't seem to hurt the fuel mileage either. Don't pussyfoot.

·
Registered
827 Posts
2K to 4500 or so. It all depends on what and where I'm riding.

Oregon has a little problem. The 55 MPH speed limit. 65 on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
3k - 4.5 k , just when I think I should shift , I don't .:D

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When riding 'normally', it's between 2300 and 3500. When accelerating to get on the thruway, not uncommon to hit 5k. These motors like it up there.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
I routinely hit 5,000 when accelerating too .
Me too!
Anywhere from 2300-5000 depending on the situation, my mood, the roads.
Sometimes upshift at 3000, sometimes 4000 and spin her up to 5000 if I feel the need for rapid acceleration.
Gotta love this motor!

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Oregon has a little problem. The 55 MPH speed limit. 65 on the freeway.
No Ken...Oregon has a big problem with that. Too many governors who have placed governors on us. Ironically, the state highway funding bill didn't pass, but the recreational marijuana one did. Now both our citizens and our roads are going to pot.:mad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
When riding solo .....on 2nd-ary roads ....generally 2.3 to 4k .

On the highway .... I'll generally cruise at 3k .... Which in 6th gear is about 75-78 mph.

When riding with others ..... Depends on what the group is doing ....
But generally I like to keep the bike around the 2.8 to 3.5k range....
It just seems to 'sing' in that range ....

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Never below 2300 even when cruising along.

·
13,002 Posts
There are 5 steel frame bikes 10 aluminum frame bikes and there is 1 guy here that doesn't list his model bike.
So between the 2 style bikes we all run about the same rpm. Nice to see no one is lugging the motor

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
There are 5 steel frame bikes 10 aluminum frame bikes and there is 1 guy here that doesn't list his model bike.
So between the 2 style bikes we all run about the same rpm. Nice to see no one is lugging the motor
Coz all engines are the same ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts