Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the S&S intake and the RPW big slash exhaust on my 2011 vegas 8-ball. I have not had the remap done yet as the dealer is closed today but I cranked it up to hear the exhaust, and it is unreal how good it sounds. A loud deep rumble. I could not be happier. I had it ran on a dyno last week and I will have it run again this week to get some before and after numbers. I will post when I get the results.

While I had everything disassembled I also installed a LED light kit from Joe Florida. I am very pleased with this kit aswell.

One question I have, is about the intake. There is a pretty loud hissing noise coming from the intake. I understand that this intake is moving a lot more air than the stock box, but is this loud hissing normal or could there be a hose not connected correctly?

I will try to get some pictures of the light kit tonight after dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Totally normal, even if you don't have a leak (so I'm not guaranteeing that you don't... but my bike with an S&S and my other bike before it did the exact same thing when you got rid of the stock airbox).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jnoasu, nice looking exhaust bet they sound great. RideNow is now open 7 days a week, they just went back to their summer hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the info.

coltman, I wish I would have known that, I could have had them do the remap today. I guess tomorrow will come soon enough though.

jebz240, what happened with your pipes? Fade to gray due to the heat? Which pipes do you have?

·
Registered
442 Posts
if the bike is running too lean, the coat can fade or flake off. OR, if the quality of the coating isn't so good, it can deteriorate even with a well-tuned engine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a minor backfire issue. Seems to be when the bikes cold and may be 5% of the time when i ride her. From what i've read its typical on the 08's Closed loop system. The pipes are "greying" a bit.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a minor backfire issue. Seems to be when the bikes cold and may be 5% of the time when i ride her. From what i've read its typical on the 08's Closed loop system. The pipes are "greying" a bit.
Lloydz "Idle Air Valve" might help.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Any before and after numbers with this set up yet ? I am really interested in this pipe, vs. the Thor, to see how they compare performance, wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts