Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
rpw true duals

Hey Ronfox
Nice bike! I am considering the rpw true duals for my 06 KP. I have also been considering the Big Deal 2in1 by rpw.
So, I take it you are happy with the looks, sound and performance of this exhaust??
What did you use for an intake system? I have the S&S ready to go on mine.
I am considering going with the straight pipe duals in chrome on my black bike. I haven't found many people that have these pipes, but those that have them have been happy with them.

Just curious......
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
RPW Exhaust

If you decide on the RPW pipes look for them on Ebay. I found them a few hundred cheaper. I'm waiting for the heat shields to be shipped for the Thor pipe and I will be using the S&S air box. I just saw the Lloydz air tubes for the victory. They look cool. Be sure to research what map file to download before you do it. I've been told to go with either the S&S 2008 kingping 2 - 1 download or the drag down load, and maybe add a fuel programmer to get it right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installation

Has anyone installed the rpw thor 2 into 1 pipe. I'm having major problems with it. I've scratched the he'll out of them in the process. Not happy at all. I'm thinking they might have sent the wrong pipe for an 08 kingpin. Help

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed the 2:1 Big deal on my 07 KP and didnt have much of a problem EXCEPT that I was sent the wrong flange clamps. I ordered through Lloydz and apparently there the model numbers got transposed. Once I got the correct clamps and put them on no problems. They sound great and I have a bit more kick in the pants but I need to get the computer reflashed. I have the S&S intake on it as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One thing I do not understand is that with modern equipment and tube benders, why is it that RPW couldnt bend the pipes in such a way as to not have to cut the lower frame rail and add a new bracket in order to get the pipes installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So whats up with that? Why can they not take a bike put it in front of them and bend the pipe accordingly?? The manufacture did and some after market exhausts manufactures do, is it that they are in too much of a hurry or what/ Just seems wierd to me. Maybe thats a new profession for me, get out of medicine and bend pipes LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
I put the Thor on my 07 KP. They were a little tight getting on the front cylinder, but not impossible. Scratching them! thats another story. I'm not impressed with the fit and finish of these pipes at all. the quality of the finish leaves alot to be desired in my opinion. not a deep chrome like the victory stuff, scratch very easily and I think they could have done better with covering more of the pipe with the chrome heat shield. The clamping system that ties the baffle section to the header sucks too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I know I didnt know that I would have to cut the lower frame rail till after I ordered the pipes. I guess its just the thought of having to cut something that wasnt causing a problem in the first place. Ive got it installed with the correct flange clamps last night and rode to work today and I must say I am pleased. Sounds great scoots even better. A buddy of mine who rides an older HD was so impressed hes thinking of getting him a set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been riding my 07 KPT for about a week now after installing the RPW Big Deal 2:1 with the correct flange clamps that were not originally sent. Sound is good power feels increased although I have yet to get the computer reflashed. Couple of things I have noticed is there is almost no pop or backfire with deceleration, the other is a bit more troubling and that is there appears to be a leak where the muffler and collector pipe connect no matter how I position the clamp or how much I tighten it. Design flaw????? Will this leak cause any future problems. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just want to mention, for those who are considering RPW:
I love the pipes, the performance and the sound I get from the RPW True Duals which I installed in July. However, I am noticing some defects in one of the end caps where some of the chrome is coming away from the metal in small flakes. I haven't had these on the bike 2 months yet and they already have chrome flaking off. Not what I had in mind for $700!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RPW funky pipes

Oh wonderful is that what I have to look forward to?? I bought mine based dyno sheets I saw on Lloydz motorworks where it seemed like most of what was posted for 07 KPT's was with RPW exhaust. First they sent me the wrong clamps, once I got the right ones and had everything bolted up I now notice the leak I mentioned in a earlier post where the muffler and collector connect. Im afraid if I tighten the clamp any more it will snap off. The other thing I notice now is that the heat shield over the collector does not seem to fit quite right as it keeps moving apart no matter how much I tighten it. They sound great and give gobs of power, other than that I am less than impressed with the workmanship. I have only had them on for 2weeks and I am afraid I am going to have to replace them with Bassani or Super Trapp which I should have bought in the first place.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thor 2into1

I installed them on a 2008 Hammer. You have to duct tape everything you dont want scrached. Use a piece of wood to spread them apart to install. When cutting the frame make sure you put something behind the frame so you dont go through and cut the lines and wiring. Install the new manifold bolts AFTER you get the pipe flanges in place. Also you need a longer bolt than stock when you bolt the new arm bracket on, it will strip if you use the stock bolt. I love the look and sound these pipes produce.:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thor 2 into 1

Iv had these pipes for 2 months or so, after I installed an airbox and Lloydz Gen3 tuner I still was getting some pop and crackel from the exhaust. Yesterday I checked for leaks and found that the header and muffler connection was leaking, I tightened the clamp, didnt help, repositioned it, still didnt help. What can I do to stop this leakage? I DIDNT SPEND $ 600 DOLLARS ON A SYSTEM THATS GOING TO LEAK, CAUSING THE BIKE TO BACKFIRE. This seems to be a common complant with the RPW products!

·
Registered
19 Posts
leaky RPW exhausts

Hello Gary have you tried contacting RPW and if so what was the response? I have the 2:1 big deal and it is leaking in the same spot as yours, ive tried repositioning the clamp and tightening to the point im afraid the clamp will snap off and still leaking. Maybe all of us here should contact them and complain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
exhaust leak

Gary I have the same trouble with the RPW 2:1 Big Deal pipes, I emailed Cindy at RPW today, no answer as of yet. When I had a problem with being shipped the wrong size flange clamps I got a response within 2 hours, with this problem no response all day. As of now I can say that I would not recommend these pipes, I will probably change next year when I get my bonus for the Basani or Super Trapp. The sound is good performance seems good although I have not reflashed the computer yet, but fit and finish are not what expected for the money I spent.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts