Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing next week on my 2010 Kingpin RPW Kingster, TTi and PCV, any advice or anything else to do while there? i ordered also the exhaust gaskets from Lloydz and the IAV... and what map do you think i should install until i take the bike to the dyno? thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't have an answer to a single one of your questions :D. Aren't I helpful?!

I'm just subscribing to your thread as I'm looking at almost the exact same setup. Let us know how it goes and good luck!thumb up

·
Registered
155 Posts
i just went with the closest thing that they had on the pc site when i installed mine.19-001-004 Bassani 2into1 exhaust, S&S air filter Kit, Stock ECM, Table 1 is front cylinder.

when i did the rest of the stuff to my bike i downloaded this one 19-001-002 Victory Performance 2into1 exhaust, S&S 107" engine (11:1 pistons), S&S 495 cams, S&S air box, Stock ECM.

they are from the 100 inch section.dont know if you have a 106.i am just saying that getting as close as you can will get you around until a dyno tune.i had no problem with either one.you will be happy with the results from the mods you are doing.i know i was.

oh!get a wire saw or a sawzall to cut out the stock intake.

·
Registered
263 Posts
With everything you're doing to the bike I'm just curious why you aren't including the Autotune option with your PCV. Seems like a natural addition given your setup and would take care of not having to worry about getting the bike into a dyno.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With everything you're doing to the bike I'm just curious why you aren't including the Autotune option with your PCV. Seems like a natural addition given your setup and would take care of not having to worry about getting the bike into a dyno.
that's and easy answer: empty bank account :ltr: i'll try to get it as soon as posible!! thumb up

·
Registered
156 Posts
From my understanding, autotune will take forever to build a proper custom map for the bike with quite a bit of pee'ing around with it and the laptop, it gets confused as hell if you engine brake, as well, it won't touch the timing. I got mine dyno tuned with a proper maps, timing adjusted, and drove away complete within a few hours. I still might get an auto tune just to keep it tuned, but I wouldn't use one for map building. But that's just me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
As a cost comparison, a custom dyno tune from the shop closest to me (they are a certified Dynajet shop) charges 4billls, about the same price for dual channel AT unit.

Whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just letting you know, i installed yesterday the RPW Kingster, the install took more time than expected but i know it was because of me :D this pipes are awesome!! thumb up excellent sound, look, etc and the best part is that i got away with just unplugging the o2 sensors, it works perfect, no pop, fart or any kinf of explosion or failure, still waiting on the TTi that is arriving tomorrow, so the install of the TTi and the PCV will have to wait until next week because im going to the Austin ROT this weekend, regards!!cheers

·
Registered
263 Posts
From my understanding, autotune will take forever to build a proper custom map for the bike with quite a bit of pee'ing around with it and the laptop, it gets confused as hell if you engine brake, as well, it won't touch the timing. I got mine dyno tuned with a proper maps, timing adjusted, and drove away complete within a few hours. I still might get an auto tune just to keep it tuned, but I wouldn't use one for map building. But that's just me.
Based on what you've said here, I'm not sure you completely understand the concept of the Autotune, or maybe you've been listening to your dyno guy that doesn't want to be put out of business. The AT is doing EXACTLY the same thing as your dyno guy, but at the speed of a computer and thousands of times per minute in rigorous detail over your entire RPM/throttle spectrum. Dyno guys will always tell you nonsense about it because they can't possibly do what an AT does.

In my case it was an extra 5 minutes to load a map for the AT with an IMMEDIATE difference in responsiveness. I've tinkered with it occassionaly but only to improve my specific responsiveness in selected areas or to balance my responsiveness against mileage, but 10 minutes at most each time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts