Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RPW Slash or Ness Slash?

Which is the better pipe for performance and best sound?
Although they seem to be exactly the same set of pipes are there any differences between them other than the price?

Also, I currently have the Victory longer slash pipes (see photo gallery) with the catalytic convertor section of the baffles removed and they sound great when I get on it but when I let off the gas and coast they sound very raspy!

If I go with the RPW or Ness shorter slash pipes what differences if any will I notice?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
If you are talking about the SlashNess pipe, those ARE the RPW Slash. RPW made them for Ness.

The Ness Signature Series are different.

The RPW Slash make good power. The torque curve will be level to 3200 and then ramp up like hell.

The Ness Signature Series are good for power and the torque curve is a nice arc.

RPW Slash are cheap at www.metricthunder.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about the SlashNess pipe, those ARE the RPW Slash. RPW made them for Ness.

The Ness Signature Series are different.

The RPW Slash make good power. The torque curve will be level to 3200 and then ramp up like hell.

The Ness Signature Series are good for power and the torque curve is a nice arc.

RPW Slash are cheap at www.metricthunder.com
So how do those pipes compare to what I already have on my bike?

And excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure of the exact name of the pipes except for Victory's stage 1 slash or swept pipes with the catalytic convertor section of the baffles removed?

Or is that a question that can't be answered?

Why did I hack the baffles? Because a bike this mean shouldn't purr at idle like a Honda 500cc!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else removed the catalytic convertor section of the baffles on their pipes? If you do you will hear a familiar rumble at idle :)

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
So how do those pipes compare to what I already have on my bike?

And excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure of the exact name of the pipes except for Victory's stage 1 slash or swept pipes with the catalytic convertor section of the baffles removed?

Or is that a question that can't be answered?

Why did I hack the baffles? Because a bike this mean shouldn't purr at idle like a Honda 500cc!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else removed the catalytic convertor section of the baffles on their pipes? If you do you will hear a familiar rumble at idle :)
Your pipes are Victory Swept exhaust. ANYTHING would be better than those from a performance standpoint.

There are no cats in the RPW slash pipes. You will have to cut the bolt-on frame piece to mount them.

I had the pipes. You wanna hear 'em?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that you in the video's?
If so nice wheelie.
And I'm guessing that was you in the 2nd video, 2nd bike.
They do sound good, those were the RPW's?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
half crazy,
when you had the swept pipes did you swap the baffles
out for qqtmb's?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
half crazy,
Never had the Swept pipes. In the RPW Slash I used the baffles they came with. I'm not a fan of BCT baffles. I can make a set of those things for $10, so I wouldn't pay what they ask for them.

104", bowl blending/valve job on the heads, .495 cams, S&S airbox, PC-III, RPW Slash exhaust (my bike a couple of years ago when the videos above were taken):

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
half crazy,
I tried the qqtmb's but took them out and put the baffles I hacked up back in, the sound of the qqtmb's was too quite and raspy when decel and coasting!

I guess I'll go with the RPW's, I just came across a picture of a 2006 Jackpot, which was the 1st Jackpot I ever checked out years ago and it looks like it has the RPW's on it. And that bike sounded great!

My Victory Swept pipes are just too quite at idle for my liking!
Of course I owned Harleys for over 30 years!
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES cheers

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts