Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is in the shop at the moment having the speedo repair, so I thought I would look around for a new exhaust. I like the look of the RPW USA Big Slash Exhaust.
does any body have one of these fitted? will i need a remap? any issues with fitting?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the Big Slash ..... Great pipe !!

If all else is stock , you will not need a 're-map' for adding this exhaust to a stock set up.

I will roust up a current pic in a flash.

Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here are some pics ....from today .

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
One more .....

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
As far as 'fitment' goes ......I had zero issues with putting this pipe on , as I had Lloydz do it for me.....

;)

Peter

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also would like to purchase this exhaust. No prior engine work done or exhaust upgrades. Been riding for about 6 years but just now starting to enjoy tinkering around with the bike. What all would need to be purchase for a 14 vegas? Have heard the pipes can run to hot and damage the exhaust.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the big slash on my stock 12 vegas. I went ahead and put a pcv on since more upgrades are planned iin the future. It is a good pipe, on a stock bike you will notice the biggest difference from around 1800 to 4000 rpm. The stock airbox kills any top end gains but the midrange gains are fun, you will enjoy it.
Some say that its too loud. Having grown up aroung straight piped harleys, I think its the best of both worlds, controlled by the throttle.
Good luck and let us know how you like itthumb up

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the big slash on my stock 12 vegas. I went ahead and put a pcv on since more upgrades are planned iin the future. It is a good pipe, on a stock bike you will notice the biggest difference from around 1800 to 4000 rpm. The stock airbox kills any top end gains but the midrange gains are fun, you will enjoy it.
Some say that its too loud. Having grown up aroung straight piped harleys, I think its the best of both worlds, controlled by the throttle.
Good luck and let us know how you like itthumb up
How is it running 65-70 down interstate? Want something with a good rumble but not enough to make my ear bleed after 45 minutes on the interstate.

·
Registered
352 Posts
With a steady even throttle ...the Big Slash is relatively mild.....

As stated earlier .....it's easily controlled by throttle.....and only really knarly under hard acceleration and decel ....

Peter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have just been on the RPW web site reading the instructions for fitting the big slash exhaust,
It says cut the frame!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

cut the effing frame to fit an aftermarket exhaust, I cant believe it, surely they can make an exhaust fit without cutting the bike up.

I think I will give those a miss

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have just been on the RPW web site reading the instructions for fitting the big slash exhaust,
It says cut the frame!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

cut the effing frame to fit an aftermarket exhaust, I cant believe it, surely they can make an exhaust fit without cutting the bike up.

I think I will give those a miss
It is not a load bearing part of the frame. If you look closely you can see where it's needed to be cut. Unfortunately almost all aftermarket exhaust you have to cut the frame. I think a few hacker pipes don't require it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is not a load bearing part of the frame. If you look closely you can see where it's needed to be cut. Unfortunately almost all aftermarket exhaust you have to cut the frame. I think a few hacker pipes don't require it.
Thanks but I will not be cutting my frame, I never needed to cut the frame when I fitted aftermarket exhausts to my harley.

I had better start looking at a different brand.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks but I will not be cutting my frame, I never needed to cut the frame when I fitted aftermarket exhausts to my harley.

I had better start looking at a different brand.
It's your ride ...you do what you need.

However...as previously stated ....it's a not an essential part of the frame, in fact ...it's merely an extension of the frame , for a place to hang the bulky bracket that holds the stock muffler in place.

Even the Victory dealer installed X-Bow pipes require this removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Perhaps off-topic, but /just/ the exhaust? Admittedly, I was almost embarrassed by the complete lack of roar w/ the stock mufflers, but at the very least, get the Lloydz ATS, 1/4 turn throttle, and a basic fuel controller. Then get it to a pro to tune - even better, he'll cut the frame for you! :)
Mine: https://www.facebook.com/TheVicShop/photos/a.150196425040772.32671.149909745069440/777426648984410/?type=1&theater
That is the very least you need to run correctly? Have been looking into the big slash and am about to pull the trigger with it. If you don't mind me asking, how did it cost total? Just kinda looking for some numbers before I do much more

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just go to the Lloydz website ..... All the parts listed have prices posted..... Add 'em up. Figure on 3-4 hrs labor @ 90 bucks / hr labor ......Then add $250 for the dyno tune , plus tax.

That will give you a pretty close estimate.

Or ...... Call and ask for an estimate. Anyone of the known Vic tuners will be happy to discuss.

Peter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my bike back today after the speedo repair, I was just fitting my seat i bought from another forum member thanks:cool:thumb up

I then thought i will take a look at where the frame gets cut for an exhaust, even though i am not happy about cutting the frame.
The frame has already been cut :eek::eek::eek:,
The previous owner must have had an after market exhaust fitted before he sold it,

So it looks like I could be pulling the trigger on a big slash after all.
can anybody recommend the best place to buy one? but i have to bear in mind the shipping cost to the UK.
I looked at one site, they wanted $545 shipping fee,:mad: that's almost the price of an airline ticket,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my bike back today after the speedo repair, I was just fitting my seat i bought from another forum member thanks:cool:thumb up

I then thought i will take a look at where the frame gets cut for an exhaust, even though i am not happy about cutting the frame.
The frame has already been cut :eek::eek::eek:,
The previous owner must have had an after market exhaust fitted before he sold it,

So it looks like I could be pulling the trigger on a big slash after all.
can anybody recommend the best place to buy one? but i have to bear in mind the shipping cost to the UK.
I looked at one site, they wanted $545 shipping fee,:mad: that's almost the price of an airline ticket,
Start with lloydz or from rpw directly. Quite a few online places have them for sale. Glad to hear the work is already done though!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts