Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I am looking for information about the rubber pad on the Victory kickstand.

I've only owned my Victory for a few months and the rubber pad is coming off the bike, specifically the bottom "base" of the rubber flips/rotates forward causing the metal of the kickstand to sit directly on the ground (sorry, I don't have any pictures; please don't reply with the "worthless without" Smiles). If I reach down and pull the base of the rubber back under the kickstand it immediately rotates forward again.

1) Has anyone else experienced something like this?

2) Is the rubber pad really necessary?

3) If I decide to get it replaced is there an aftermarket one that would be better?

Thanks,

Kyle

*** Prior to creating this thread I did a keyword search in this Forum for "Kickstand"; of the 40 threads the below was the only one I found that was close.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9716&highlight=kickstand

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I like it , it keeps it from sliding on slick surface. The HD that I had would slide and you was always afraid it was going down. Seems more sure footed with the rubber pad on the bottom. To replace cut head of rivets off, punch remainder of rivet out. Install new pad with rivets..

·
Registered
223 Posts
OR, you get a an old car or SUV tire, cut it to a similiar size as the OEM pad and mount it. I used a SUV tire that had sidewall cuts, trimmed it (cut it with a hacksaw) so that the kickstand holes lined up in the deepest part of the tread. Drilled it. And from my local Ace Hardware I got 2 stainless button head bolts, a couple stainless washers, and used the self locking nuts, Stands a little taller. I figure it will be good for 100,000 miles !!!!!!!!!

·
13,262 Posts
Purpose for the rubber pad is when you forget to put it up it will catch on road and pop up.
I haven't had one one now for 2 thousand miles and don't miss it but then I put my kickstand up

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I put the extension on from Noemtz. Way easier to reach and I don't worry about the rubber pad although I could if I wanted to add one. I used black epoxy paint on it. Looks much better in black to match the stand.

Great pics!

I have them in black now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purpose for the rubber pad is when you forget to put it up it will catch on road and pop up.
I haven't had one one now for 2 thousand miles and don't miss it but then I put my kickstand up
I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. Both of my previous bikes had safeties that killed the engine if the kickstand was down and you put it in gear. Miss that feature, especially since the key is on the clutch side.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the extension on from Noemtz. Way easier to reach and I don't worry about the rubber pad although I could if I wanted to add one. I used black epoxy paint on it. Looks much better in black to match the stand.
Looks nice. Will look into that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
now that ive seen some really good installed pics i'll put
mine on .its been laying here for months. i was trying to figure out
how to put the rubber part on with it. --irv

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm with you Irv. Bought the extender six months ago, and never put it on. Wish I had waited for the black one. Might give it a try now. Thanks BBob for the pics & insight.

D2

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
I'm with you Irv. Bought the extender six months ago, and never put it on. Wish I had waited for the black one. Might give it a try now. Thanks BBob for the pics & insight.

D2
You bet. Glad to help.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
if you wan to stop by our places dave and i would be grateful
if you put ours on for us. thanks!--irv
nice ride to illinois.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts