Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at my local hardware stores for washers to replace the ones on the windshield of the XCT. I have found some that are OK...and some that didn't work so well (O-rings)...and finally found the one that is pretty similar to the ones that are OEM with the windshield that Ma Vic does not sell anywhere (at least that I could find).

It's called an Aerator Washer 22/32" O.D x 31/64" I.D Stock# 36170 B and is manufactured by Danco.

There's a guy on eBay that is selling them and they seem to work pretty doggone well.

I don't think I can posts a link here...so the sellers name on eBay is "cylysh30".

Or you can MESSAGE me and I'll send you a link. I don't know the dude, I've never heard of the dude, I'm just glad I found a place to buy me a BULK of these washers. THEY are a pain for sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
great find! Thanks!

·
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for this tip! I just had to order some because I realized I lost one recently when I took the shield off for some work under the fairing.

Rob

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks. I recently bought some rubber grommets at Home Depot that I'm currently using. They are a good snug fit, but a PITA to install. Since I tend to swap shields more often than I should, it will be nice to have a back stock of better washers.

D.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Most decent Victory dealers have the oem rubber washers in stock. They're inexpensive, flatten out over time and should be replaced after about every second removal. I always keep 6 new ones in my CCT parts stash.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Most decent Victory dealers have the oem rubber washers in stock. They're inexpensive, flatten out over time and should be replaced after about every second removal. I always keep 6 new ones in my CCT parts stash.
Do you have a Vic part number for them? The OP said he could not find them. I'd rather buy the actual Vic part if they aren't outrageously expensive.

Rob

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I buy them right from Vic , my dealer stocks them by the 100's . I bought 10 about a month ago , it was under 5.00 for all 10 . Also bought 10 side cover grommets , about 10.00 for them , now if I need one or the other I have them right in the bike .

·
Registered
372 Posts
I buy them right from Vic , my dealer stocks them by the 100's . I bought 10 about a month ago , it was under 5.00 for all 10 . Also bought 10 side cover grommets , about 10.00 for them , now if I need one or the other I have them right in the bike .
Well, if you find a part number please post it. My dealer is 50 miles away so I'd need to order them.

Unless you want to sell me some... :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well, if you find a part number please post it. My dealer is 50 miles away so I'd need to order them.

Unless you want to sell me some... :D
If it wasn't a monsoon here today I would have them right in the bike , I can post it up after work for you .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PM me your address I will send you 4 tomorrow morning .

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
The Victory part number for the CCT windshield rubber washers is: 5813188

I would have posted that last night but I wasn't near the garage.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you want to keep the original washer in place you can coat the back of the washer with vaseline, grease, suntan lotion, body fluids, you name it. The washer will stick like the pages of your 1979 Playboy with the Landers sister on the cover.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You guys are all very funny , I guess if you do for one , you should do for all .:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts