Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize almighty Diamond for upsetting you. Between having to pay a fortune to fly home, and having to work, I am SO sorry I did not reply quicker.

TO respond, the bike has been to several dealers. 2 where I live have already closed, and now I have to ride close to an hr to the nearest dealer. The best one I have ever been to was in Bowling Green KY, who fixed the baffle problem. As for that, I know its just a screw. That screw somehow kept coming off. I have not personally worked on the bike. I have been to about 4 dealers where I live, 2 are closed and gone. The gas leak has been looked at by 2 dealers since the incident, the last asked me to bring it back in. They were actually cool.

As for the stupid commitment comment, I have defended victory and even tried to influence others to step outside the box and test ride one. But when it spends so much time in the shop, what choice do I have? When you have to hope it works when you want a ride... cmon. I appreciate the guys suggestion of just going to a Vision, it may just be I got a bad one. They already told me an appraiser could look at it when I bring it in.

I was venting the other day and furious about Victory lying to me before. The last time I looked, it didn't say it has to be a positive forum?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I apologize almighty Diamond for upsetting you. Between having to pay a fortune to fly home, and having to work, I am SO sorry I did not reply quicker.

TO respond, the bike has been to several dealers. 2 where I live have already closed, and now I have to ride close to an hr to the nearest dealer. The best one I have ever been to was in Bowling Green KY, who fixed the baffle problem. As for that, I know its just a screw. That screw somehow kept coming off. I have not personally worked on the bike. I have been to about 4 dealers where I live, 2 are closed and gone. The gas leak has been looked at by 2 dealers since the incident, the last asked me to bring it back in. They were actually cool.

As for the stupid commitment comment, I have defended victory and even tried to influence others to step outside the box and test ride one. But when it spends so much time in the shop, what choice do I have? When you have to hope it works when you want a ride... cmon. I appreciate the guys suggestion of just going to a Vision, it may just be I got a bad one. They already told me an appraiser could look at it when I bring it in.

I was venting the other day and furious about Victory lying to me before. The last time I looked, it didn't say it has to be a positive forum?
Since that's your first post, I take it you got banned and registered a new account. If that's the case, you're the first one I know of to get banned. There should be some sort of an award for that, as I know Diamond's patience is about ten times longer than mine.

So, what's the problem anyway?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Since that's your first post, I take it you got banned and registered a new account. If that's the case, you're the first one I know of to get banned. There should be some sort of an award for that, as I know Diamond's patience is about ten times longer than mine.

So, what's the problem anyway?
He hasn't been banned but something is a miss here if he felt it was necessary to re-register with the same name just formatted differently. I'm just sayin!!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
He hasn't been banned but something is a miss here if he felt it was necessary to re-register with the same name just formatted differently. I'm just sayin!!
:ltr: :ltr: :ltr: :ltr: :ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Dude in your very first post you come off as an HD lurker wanting to stir the pot......so the stupid commitment comment was bound to head your way. If you are truly venting on your Vic....many here as well as myself are always offering help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Used Bikes

I can understand being mad about getting a bike that is not dependable. As for me, I would blame myself somewhat. What kind of investigation did you do before you bought the bike. If you knew nothing about the brand or the bike history before you purchased, that might be a problem. Blaming the whole brand on that brands enthusiast site when you purchased a used lemon may not be the most tactful approach. On the other hand if you are doing nothing more than trying to give the brand a bad name because you are an entusiast of another brand that is downright despicable. Either way you should know that this site is and always has been helpful to people having problems. Maybe you should try asking someone what needs to be done to fix the problems before you go off. At least two of the experts have been active on this thread already. Describe the problem (if there is one) and see what kind of help you get.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Take the bike to JPM Performance in Madisonville, KY. Great shop and good mechanics. The Vic dealer here is horrendous so I travel almost 2 hrs there! thumb up

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do not know if this is a possiblity; on my California equipped 2011 KP 8 Ball I have an emissions "cannister" hanging low on the left side of the bike.

California riders sometime perform an operation called a "cannisterectomy" I was contemplating this and a friend warned me off; said there were lots of fuel lines and return lines and I was asking for a fuel leak if I did it.

If this bike has been surgically altered that might be the problem; maybe Victory by serial number could tell how the bike was originally sold.

I'd do it on the phone....a speaker phone; and have something to read while I waited....

Just a thought.

·
Registered
229 Posts
^sounds like you might be on to somthing.

if the 8th digit is an "L", it a cali bike. i think the cali's are the only ones with cans tho.

D is domestic, C canada, U for U.K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No idea why I got locked on other name.

Incorrect on the overfilling. When I read this forum last year, I made sure not to overfill it. Actually, when it happened the second time the low gas light came on because I needed gas. I have received a few opinions on where it is leaking, the first time they put in a new braided line.

Bowling Green KY was awesome when I went there, just awesome. I guess maybe I will make the 7 hr trip. I'll hopefully get an answer in the next few weeks whenever I can get home again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No idea why I got locked on other name.

Incorrect on the overfilling. When I read this forum last year, I made sure not to overfill it. Actually, when it happened the second time the low gas light came on because I needed gas. I have received a few opinions on where it is leaking, the first time they put in a new braided line.

Bowling Green KY was awesome when I went there, just awesome. I guess maybe I will make the 7 hr trip. I'll hopefully get an answer in the next few weeks whenever I can get home again.
If this works and assuming you havent found the info here on this board, if you can get on this other board look here.

Edit.. no link here, i know not what you talk about. ;-)

·
13,239 Posts
Yes where is the gas leaking from????
Put a longer bolt in the baffle with a nut on the inside.
Please next time go into a little more detail what you say something is wrong.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
If this works and assuming you havent found the info here on this board, if you can get on this other board look here.
You just violated the terms and conditions of this forum. :) Diamond's already sharpening his blade...

·
Registered
129 Posts
You just violated the terms and conditions of this forum. :) Diamond's already sharpening his blade...
Ooops. Didnt realize that. I assume you are talking about the linking and not about helping out someone looking for issues though, as it Seems that some dont want to help, Just want to start BS. Thats not my game and i dont play well with others who do such. However if it will let me edit it, i can remove the link for lord Diamond.;)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Ooops. Didnt realize that. I assume you are talking about the linking and not about helping out someone looking for issues though, as it Seems that some dont want to help, Just want to start BS. Thats not my game and i dont play well with others who do such. However if it will let me edit it, i can remove the link for lord Diamond.;)
:ltr: :ltr: :ltr: Yeah, no linking to competitor sites... It's because those who foot the bill to host the forum for us don't want the bandwidth used to grow someone else's forum. Greedy bastards! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts