Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone around S.E. Queensland thinking of going out to Cracow on March 7th, 8th? Step up to Fred Brophy's boxing tent, see if they can go 2 rounds with his mob of rough nuts? Quite a few riders from the Sunshine Coast are planning on it.

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Anyone around S.E. Queensland thinking of going out to Cracow on March 7th, 8th? Step up to Fred Brophy's boxing tent, see if they can go 2 rounds with his mob of rough nuts? Quite a few riders from the Sunshine Coast are planning on it.
Sorry, I'm cleaning out my refrigerator that day. Some other time.

·
13,082 Posts
ObiSteve
Thanks for posting where you live in your signature. I googled where you were talking about. Looks nice

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ObiSteve
Thanks for posting where you live in your signature. I googled where you were talking about. Looks nice
I'd say interesting rather than nice VJ. Last time I was there, about a year ago, it hit 44 degrees C. We were camped at a beach on the Dawson River about 20 kms north of town. The dogs bailed up a 2 m long brown snake right in the middle of camp, tossing this threshing, very angry, very venomous, highly aggressive snake up in the air repeatedly, until it hid under the ute. When I tried to get in any door to move the ute, it would come half out and try to bite my legs. Of course my jeans and boots were in the ute; I was wearing shorts and a pair of thongs because I had just climbed out of the swag. Not the best clothes to repel a snake attack. It took a while to sort that one out.
The goldmine camp on the edge of town is pretty self contained, has it's own wet canteen and donga park. It looks like about 10 houses in the town are lived in, the only open business is the pub, but it looked more prosperous than the previous time I passed through, when the mine was closed because of a low gold price.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Cracow looks like a fun place to ride to. Stop at the pub for a couple of beers and something to eat. 250 miles East of me there is a area in Texas that has several old dying towns with dive bars in them. I love those kind of places and they tend to draw scooter tramps to them. We use to do 3 day dive bar runs in that area, hit a couple bars going down on Friday. Then hit 6 or 7 on Saturday and a couple heading home on Sunday. In case you don't know what a dive is, it's a place that's run down and seen it's better days.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It should be interesting Steve! I grew up in C.Q. so am familiar with Cracow. Wouldn't exactly head there for my honeymoon, but it should be a hoot with a heap of blokes on bikes! Enjoy mate!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It should be interesting Steve! I grew up in C.Q. so am familiar with Cracow. Wouldn't exactly head there for my honeymoon, but it should be a hoot with a heap of blokes on bikes! Enjoy mate!
Well old Fred Brophy is setting up his boxing tent for the day, so its a bit of a rarity these days. Apparently the last one left in the world, and banned in all other Australian states. Not bad for a bit of light entertainment. Take your own mothguard though.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Well old Fred Brophy is setting up his boxing tent for the day, so its a bit of a rarity these days. Apparently the last one left in the world, and banned in all other Australian states. Not bad for a bit of light entertainment. Take your own mothguard though.
That is old school for sure. Bare knuckle fights are back in the U.S. But are legal now, we have always have had them around here illegally. They also have a women's division and this one chic on here maybe from Australia by her accent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts