Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone was running D&D pipes without baffles? I have a 09 Vegas with D&D and cant decide whether to take them out or not.

Any suggestions?

If there is another thread on this please direct me in the right direction.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I run D&D slip ons with no baffles on my 2011 Crossroads. Not sure that I would be willing to go open pipes without some sort of fuel to air corrections, but the AT combined with my Power Commander seems to have taken care of that potential issue.

It's louder, sounds a bit better to me but still not what I am looking for. I'd prefer my bike to sound a bit more like our 8 Ball with the swept pipes.

GO back a bit in the XC/XR forum and there was a long thread about removing the baffles including instructions on how to do it. It can be a pain for our bikes because of how D&D sealed the baffles into the pipe, not sure about yours.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Maybe 20%, which is most noticable at idle. On the road, the difference is not too much unless you jump on the throttle. I took them out, tried it, put them back in, tried it and finally took them out and so far I am keeping them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts