·
13,003 Posts
pipes turn color from all the heat.
check exhaust gasket and check for air leak like the man said

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
How long?

Been running hot for how long. Friend had a little V-Star and he had mufflers that were gutted. His turned blue. He ran that thing like that for years. We rejetted once but,he had gotten to rich of jets so we put it back to stock and he got more restrictive mufflers later on. Point being you bike is lean like everybody else has said. I take it it pops out the mufflers on deceleration? A little is ok, a bunch is not good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies , going to take it and have it dyno-tuned. This is a bike I sold to a friend and the pipes were on it that way . We found out that the clamps for the mufflers weren't tight either. So they leaked also. They are a straight thru design as well, so probably wasn't ever re-mapped fuel wise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To answer some questions ,
Don't know what brand the pipes are but they are straight thru mufflers, not smooth inside, but not restrictive at all.
I have no info on wether or not the previous owner did any fueling upgrades when he changed mufflers/pipes.
I agree it is running lean and it does pop on decelleration but I have heard worse.
Seems to run ok now that we tightened up clamps but before that it ran a little rougher. Ran it about 50 miles today without any problems.
I think it just needs tuned and fuel added to the tune to make it right.
Bad part is now it needs new or at least different pipes . (Look like ****)

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
going to take it and have it dyno-tuned.
What is the dyno tuner going to use to tune it? Does the bike have an aftermarket fuel controller on it? Looking at those pipes I would assume not. The only way to "re-map" it is with the software that a Victory dealer has and that would be limited to canned downloads.

·
13,003 Posts
First think to do is clean the throttle body
Rechroming pipes would be a five time more then what you can buy new or used ones for.
Check craigslist and other citys close by bet you could find a hole system for a good price.

ADD where you live

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks VJ , already cleaned TB's and thanks to the forum for the step by step info on that.
Never had anything chromed , didn't realize it was that expensive.
I will check CL.
I had all my info listed and it is all gone now , I will put it back. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts