Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so here's the story.

Just bought a 1999 v92c, has 20k miles on it great condition.

Issue: Wants to stall at low rpms, bucks upon engaging the throttle at the low rpm range until it gets high rpms, the throttle control on the left side cant go all the way down as it will make it stall.

Stock engine setup with a TV 2 fuel management box on there, I am looking to remove this and put a power commander after I get this running properly.

K&N air cleaner.

NOW I have taken of the gas tank and removed the Throttle body, cleaned it and reinstalled.

It seems that the bucking has stopped and wont stall, but

The rpms wont come down to normal levels unless I sit at a light and engage the clutch and bring the rpm down while holding the brake, but still wont stall now.

I removed the TV 2 box, sealed all of the wires back to stock.

SO now what is on the bike is buds full length pipes and a K&N air filter.

WHat I have noticed, that throttle control lever on the left sidedoesnt seemt o be connected properly, as when you push it all the way to the lower rpm side it wont. but if you pull it top you it will raise the rpm.

Is there a I can get a pic of the linkage of how it should be reattached or could this be the problem all together, can this be removed. I don't mind just holding the throttle until it warms up/.

Also, the gas tank vent line seems to big when putting it back on the port that is right above the fuel supply line on the left side near the key.

So with all of that said.

When riding the big is powerful and "there" but just when I come to a stop it stays @ 2000 rpms.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Search "throttle body cleaning" bet that will help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would start with some simple cable adjustments & insure your throttle pull cable & fast idle lever are letting the throttle close completely. If idle is still to high you can lower it with the idle screw on the side of the throttle body. A service manual is a huge help with any bike & I believe there's a free download for the '99s around somewhere-If I find it I'll post it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts