Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend just bought a 2011 Vegas with 44,000kms on the clock, its in great condition visually, Ive ridden it and it has plenty of balls!
Far as I can tell it has Bassani type tips on the exhaust and cats removed, also has an S&S type intake, has a Wiseco fuel controller, which I know nothing about.
Bike runs really well, Now after running a tank of fuel light came on solid at 274,kms and filling up it took 14.66 litres
So that divided gives 18.6 kpl x3.9 =72.8 kms per USGallon or 44.7mpg US
Thats better than my Vegas that gets 14-16kpl but its had .495Cams, TTIntake, RPW slash, and PCV Dyno-tuned.
My guess is Scottys Vegas could be running lean at almost 45mpg...
What do you people think?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I can't find the figures but I used to track the mileage every trip just to watch and my target was 5.5 litres/100 km. Works out to about 42 miles per US gallon. Been as low as 37 and as high as 48 depending upon the ride. I think your buddy is right about where he should be. As for the unit itself I don't think there's much difference between any of the class 3 fuel controllers.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find the figures but I used to track the mileage every trip just to watch and my target was 5.5 litres/100 km. Works out to about 42 miles per US gallon. Been as low as 37 and as high as 48 depending upon the ride. I think your buddy is right about where he should be. As for the unit itself I don't think there's much difference between any of the class 3 fuel controllers.
Thanks mate , thats good to know cos my mate Scotty is 'over the moon' happy with the power and rideability of his current setup and if he is happy and as you say the fuel usage appears to indicate its not overly lean then a grand all up for a Pro Maximus Dyno Tune could be money best spent elsewhere.
He used to race motocross and had a GSXR1000 15 years ago, so he can ride.
But hes had a 15 year absence from bikes and never rode a cruiser, nor a V Twin of any description.
Maybe he will get to the stage where he wants more power but hey Ive ridden his bike and he has plenty on tap.
We may run em side by side at the drags in a few months just to see what the 'black dyno' says😈😈

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I am one of those weird people that keeps track of gas mileage on all my vehicles in a spreadsheet. The running average after since I bought it in 2012 is 43.21 mpg. The highest recorded is 55 mpg and the lowest is 36. What is weird is my lowest mpg's has been with non-ethanol gas. Seems my Vic likes the corn juice.

·
13,090 Posts
back when I did ride was getting 42 mpg that was never going into 6th till 70 mph. From what I have read over here that just about every ones avg. Of course they're the ones that say more just so they can be somebody

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
back when I did ride was getting 42 mpg that was never going into 6th till 70 mph. From what I have read over here that just about every ones avg. Of course they're the ones that say more just so they can be somebody
And thanks very much to those that chimed in to verify the good consumption isnt a worry.
Oh we bought the NOS tach kit on fleabay last night for the bike.
20200222_115222.jpg
20200222_115207.jpg
20200222_115222.jpg
20200222_115207.jpg

I have no problem being myself,
better to be the best version of oneself than a 2nd rate version of someone else🙂 grasshopper😂
Anyway no ones asked for a pic of the bike in question.
Scottys Vegas will be getting black powder coat stainless 'Burleigh Bars' soon too.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
SWEET Bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts