Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Running on one cyllinder?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  damage04 
#1 ·
So this last weekend I took my bike for one last ride of the year & parked it. I then had a friend over who wanted to hear it run, so I fired it up, only to find it spitting a little black smoke, and running quite rough.

I pulled the plugs to see if they were fouled but they are both getting good spark. When I pulled the plugs, I noticed that the back cyllinder plug was wet, and the front plug was dry. This seems to indicate to me that its only running on one cyllinder as only one is getting any gas. Could it be that my fuel injector has gone bad? Any other idea's or help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
My guess is the one that was wet is fouled. Put a new set of plugs in and I bet your problem goes away. These bikes aren't meant to start and stop them when cold, doing so will foul the plugs. Don't start the bike and run it for short periods of time, take her out and get her hot.

#3 ·
Hey you two guys go into your profile and add where you live.

Yes your plug cold be bad along with plug wire and maybe even coil.
If you think its running on one cylinder put your hand on the end of the exhaust and see if you can feel exhaust coming out of both.

If you put your bike away for the winter cover it up and let it spring.

#4 ·
My guess is that it is an 03-07 Vegas, and that you recently got it. Also that you have fired it up several times; just to hear it run. Problem is that those bike have a very simple FI system, and they go to full enrichment for the first 90 seconds. The enrichment then tapers off until it reaches 192f. So if you start it repeatedly, and do not let it warm up you just keep shoving fuel into it. If you start it cold and whack the throttle you do the same thing. Not a problem.....Just a quirk. Now you need to hit the plugs with a shot of brake clean, and compressed air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.