Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after installing my torque tubes, i installed my PC3 and started out with a flat zero MAP across the fuel table, because the bike already supposedly has a stage 1 tune..... But it's already waay too rich even at zero MAP. I have to manually cut fuel across the board with the buttons on the black box to prevent it from "two-stepping" while accelerating. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Have you cleaned your throttle bodies lately?that will make it run rich.
How did you determine it is rich? Could it possibly be too lean?
If it ran fine before, I would check to make sure you don't have an air leak or something like that. How do the intake boots look?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you cleaned your throttle bodies lately?that will make it run rich.
How did you determine it is rich? Could it possibly be too lean?
If it ran fine before, I would check to make sure you don't have an air leak or something like that. How do the intake boots look?
I clean the TB's regularly, and the intake boots are fresh. I know it's rich, because the problem compounds when i add fuel. I also cleaned the plugs to be sure.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
You can't guess at tuning or seat of the pants tune a TTI intake. You need a dyno session.

Mine is a lot different from yours, but I have -19 in places on my fuel tables...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't guess at tuning or seat of the pants tune a TTI intake. You need a dyno session.

Mine is a lot different from yours, but I have -19 in places on my fuel tables...
Well yea i plan on a dyno tune, but i need to send the PCM to lloyd first.

My point is I'm surprised it's running rich with torque tubes instead of lean.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: i just removed the power commander, and it runs fine now. I'll just leave it off until dyno time.

·
13,242 Posts
This is on Lloydz web page

Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models. It IS NOT necessary on the 2008-later models. The downloads on the 2008-later models are lean enough that it does not drastically affect the tuning of the VFC.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
dobeck is the answer

install the new dobeck AFR+, with its AFR gauge + wideband sensor you will know what your ratios are as you set the ratios you want, cheaper +easier than a dyno tune whenever you make changes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
install the new dobeck AFR+, with its AFR gauge + wideband sensor you will know what your ratios are as you set the ratios you want, cheaper +easier than a dyno tune whenever you make changes.
Widebands are nice to have on the vehicle, but I'm not familiar with what AFR makes optimal power at any given RPM/MAP on these engines.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So i just did a quick read-up on the dobeck setup. It looks like a tunable setup that runs in closed loop, even at WOT. Is that what's included in the $325.00 package??

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put a PCV on it have it tuned and forget it !
Ti can only use the PC3, and there's no such thing as "tune-and-forget" as long as it's an open loop system. I change altitude too often.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Dobeck AFR+ runs both in open loop and closed loop depending on different modes of operation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right, but it's CL when it really matters.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Correct on that.

·
13,242 Posts
rumblebox

in your first post you thought it had a stage 1 flash. Like I said Lloydz says you have to put it back to stock. So have you gone to dealer and found out if you do or don't have the flash

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rumblebox

in your first post you thought it had a stage 1 flash. Like I said Lloydz says you have to put it back to stock. So have you gone to dealer and found out if you do or don't have the flash
I'm going to send it to lloyd to get my timing advanced and rev limiter raised anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Ti can only use the PC3, and there's no such thing as "tune-and-forget" as long as it's an open loop system. I change altitude too often.
The ECU's ability to account for elevation (you won't be getting any altitude) still works w/PC-III. Stock it was open loop and elevation didn't affect it, right? It's not suddenly a carburetor when you have it dyno tuned with a PC... mine runs the same at sea level and 6000' up.

My PC-III was tuned 3 years ago. Haven't thought about it since. No such thing as tune and forget? Yes, there is.

With your torque tubes you need individual cylinder tuning... can't do that with AFR+.

The best thing about owning a 2006/2007 Vic is the open loop FI.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Open loop/speed density may as well be a carburetor regarding altitude. It didnt start running badly until i left san antonio and got back to sea level.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
limitations!

unless you change cams little xtra power is made at high RPM. you can add timing with Lloydz timing wheel + a dobeck AFR+ that runs in open + closed loop + uses a wideband sensor to adjust to the settings you program in it works at a much lower cost + hassle! just sell the power commander or save it if you do extensive expensive upgrades and "require" a dyno tune or just like spending $$$$, your choice for sure

1 - 20 of 23 Posts