Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XC and it is running super rich, I have HotVic Exhaust other than that it is stock. Today it was running not as strong as it normally does and the left exhaust tip is really black and the right side is not. My wife said when I down shifted she could smell fuel. Why is this doing this and a good recommend way to fix. I have some pics I will post soon.

·
12,984 Posts
all Vic exhaust turn black on the ends. How old are the plugs. Did you just put in gas and maybe overfilled it. Is there gas dripping on the floor in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Left side is always darker then the right. Has to do with the construction of the pipe. Go out and run the crap out of it. Blow the carbon out of the SYTEM, and enjoy the ride.

P.S. Vic's run best on the rich side

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
I'll wager you are "babying" your engine and not using revs above 4K. Get out on a twisty road and let those revs out--grab 4500 rpm shifts. You can't hurt it, there's a 52-54 rpm rev limiter (I've hit it many times) and when your bike came to the end of the assembly line, it got revved to the max. So much for babying. More than 10K on the plugs? Replace them with the ones it came with when new.

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
Yup agree with all above, fuel filter sins '11 i presume ?

Change all filters and let that baby RIP ... It's an engine .... That's what it is designed to do ....

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Great advice above, give it heaps!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you think it's running super rich, have someone follow you while your taking off and see if black smoke is coming out the exhaust. Don't do full throttle though when trying this. Also, has your gas mileage went down?

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
It seems we are talking to ourselves now--no response from the OP. :(

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
Doesn't everybody "vicky forum" on his work ??

TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the bike less than a year ago and the guy traded it in here at work and it had only 46 miles on it so I took it home and changed the exhaust and put hotvic's on it and it has been fine and no I have changed the air filter nor the plugs. I bought new plugs today and talked to the local Victory dealer and he said even though I'm riding all the time it may have some carbon build up on a valve from the guy letting it sit so long. He told me to run some sea foam in it and change plugs so I was going to try that. What is your thought and thank you for all the input been very busy at work so sorry for taking so long to reply

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
If you are new to Victory, these engines are slow to break in, about 3K miles. You haven't mentioned how many miles on it now. That will determine some things. Seafoam is worth a try.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It had 46 miles when I bought it and now I'm just shy of 2,000 miles

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Plugs and air filter should be good, unless mice have taken up residence in the filter.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sure hope they haven't that would suck!!! lol

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
If it were me, I'd lift the tank and see what's going on with the air filter. No need to remove the tank, just prop it up with a 2X4 or the like. If you want to remove the tank, there's a fuel line disconnect device you pinch--its at the rear of the tank. There's also a wire to be disconnected. When replacing the tank, easy does it so you don't break the plastic fuel nipple on the tank.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
4500 rpm !!! i dont think mine has ever gone that high. wife hasnt let me ride since having left knee
done last year and, oh yeah, its winter in illinois. wife retires in june.may be a csc trike comin.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
4500 rpm !!! i dont think mine has ever gone that high. wife hasnt let me ride since having left knee
done last year and, oh yeah, its winter in illinois. wife retires in june.may be a csc trike comin.
You can still ride after knee or hip replacements. You just can't pick it up if you drop it. Much better to wait for a couple of volunteers to help. Send wife to the mall, she'll never know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts