Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking of running a stock exhaust without the muffler to see how it performs and sounds. Any advice? Would I need any type of fuel management system? I most likely would be putting on hacker pipes eventually.

If there is another thread on this please let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Really bad idea.

You don't give us a clue what kind of bike you're talking about or what area of the country you reside in... It would be a good idea to go into "User CP" and add some information to your profile... or maybe even a signature below your posts.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Your stock exhaust is designed to prevent resonances choking off the exhaust gas flow. When you remove all baffles, you basically set up the exhaust to get choked off by the resonant length of the open ended pipe. At that resonant RPM, whatever it happens to be on your specific pipe, power will drop dramatically. Either get a properly designed replacement muffler or leave it stock.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My X-bow pipes are too large in diameter to run these so I'm out of luck but they do have something for most pipes. If it's the sound you're after check these folks out.

http://bigcitythunder.com/

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually after doing some research I am deciding to go with the D&D Slip ons so I do not screw up my performance. Ill just take the baffles out of them if I need it louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts