Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question... has anyone ever looked into the possibility of running two front heads on a 2009 100ci engine? Looking at them I can't see many issues... The rear exhaust header would clear but might need a custom made fabricated aluminium bend made to fit on the rear head to make fitting the pipe easier and better looking angle. The internal oil feeds look to be in the same place (if they are the round hole). Is the oil return to the sump that curved slot? If so I could use two front barrels also... I would need to make custom throttle bodies and have a computer that could cope with two separate throttle bodies... but those small issues can all be overcome.... frame clearance is not an issue as I am planning on building my own frame for the engine... thoughts? What have I missed??? Are the valve cutaways on the pistons "handed" for inlet and exhaust valves? Then I would need a front piston also?

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
Why would you want to?

Reactions: depot picker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well from helpful responses on a couple of facebook Victory pages it seem it "can" be done. I have not found anyone who has tried it so I might be the first. One interesting thing is that apparently I can use a front head on the rear cylinder AND keep the rear cam... but turn the rockers 180 around to the correct set of valves and hence keep the engines original cam timing and as a bonus I can change to hotter cams without having to buy two sets to get two fronts. I will use separate throttle bodies (which Victory does anyone, they are just in a common housing) One TPS and of course the injectors stay the same so it real will be a relativity simple conversion. Engine mounts being at the front of the heads does not bother me as I am planning on fitting the engine in a Egli backbone frame that I will build to suit. One question that is still outstanding is if the piston valve cutaways are symmetrical or "handed" which is am easy fix if they are... just use a front barrel with it's piston on the rear also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well from helpful responses on a couple of facebook Victory pages it seem it "can" be done. I have not found anyone who has tried it so I might be the first. One interesting thing is that apparently I can use a front head on the rear cylinder AND keep the rear cam... but turn the rockers 180 around to the correct set of valves and hence keep the engines original cam timing and as a bonus I can change to hotter cams without having to buy two sets to get two fronts. I will use separate throttle bodies (which Victory does anyone, they are just in a common housing) One TPS and of course the injectors stay the same so it real will be a relativity simple conversion. Engine mounts being at the front of the heads does not bother me as I am planning on fitting the engine in a Egli backbone frame that I will build to suit. One question that is still outstanding is if the piston valve cutaways are symmetrical or "handed" which is am easy fix if they are... just use a front barrel with it's piston on the rear also.

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
What benefit do you hope to get out of this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts