Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my XC with 6k on it and a stock engine. After a month I installed a Cobra Fi2000 tuner, then punched out the mufflers. Today finished up the "10k maintenance", oil & filter change with cable lubing. Since it was time for the af change I added the Vic performance filter and trimmed the air dam.
I have to say this bike really runs like a champ.....I know my mods aren't going to break any HP records but I'm more than happy with its power and sound. Now that I've put about 5k problem free miles on it I know I have a solid and reliable bike.
Luv this thing thumb up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
same camp

i feel intake,exhaust, + fuel tuning is a good bang for the buck. Lloyds timing wheel helps as well if your willing to run premium fuel. i have the dobeck AFR+ on my 13 hammer. as long you are pleased thats all that counts!!!!

·
13,235 Posts
I have the ATS wheel set at +4 run 89 octane and bike run great. No tuner

·
Registered
141 Posts
My bike is getting better all the time see sig. for what I'm ruinning. As I'm using PCV and Autotune it pulls better from lower rpm's without the lugging I use to get. I'm even able to use one gear higher going around corners that use to require me to down shift. It is still popping a little but that is getting better also. Glad to see your happy with your bike.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At first, coming from all the off idle grunt of a "stage 1" 103ci HD engine to a stock 106 took some getting used but now I don't even think about it and just drive the bike in its "happy spot" :) With the changes I've made the lower end of the Vic's rpms have improved, maybe next year I'll add a Lloyd'z ATS but at this point its all good.
My HD's did pull hard in the low rpms, but always seemed to go flat in the mids to upper range(you know, making lots of noise but not really going anywhere....:rolleyes: ), opposed to the Vic 106 which pulled okay in lows but really started to come to life in the rpms where the HD went flat, then kept on pulling hard right up to red line.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Been posted out here lots but the ATS for the price is no question the best mod you can do .. Very Inexpensive and lot's of return for doing it ..

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been posted out here lots but the ATS for the price is no question the best mod you can do .. Very Inexpensive and lot's of return for doing it ..
Getting an ATS is in the back of my mind, but no priority. I promised myself(and my wife) I wouldn't do with this Vic what I did with the HDs. Which is wasting money on accessories & crap that I want to "try out" but don't need.
My Vic motto is "gas it, oil it & ride it"....When I get on my XC I'm comfortable and totally enjoy riding, the bike runs solid and has plenty of power, more than I ever need to use. I'd much rather ride than wrench so at this point there is no value in spending $150 on the ATS.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
it varies

with the timing wheel + premium fuel recommended by Lloydz the maker to prevent possible pinging a lot of variables come into play. on my 13 hammer i run +4 with premium fuel, drilled tri-pro exhaust, ness air cleaner + the dobeck AFR+. considering +6 as even better performance may be obtained. if you "can hear" pinging damage can be done quickly, another plus is premium fuel, especially top tier has more cleaning additives, i also run Amsoil + feel the "good" stuff helps my equipment last, thats just me!!! its your choice but problems that happen thousands of miles later can be traced to "pennies SAVED", pay me now or pay more later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts