Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to see them for decades and it never seemed to work out but this time it will. They're on their 40th anniversary tour and we're all getting to be old farts so I figure I better get to it and buy tickets. July is a looong time away.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
**** I thought you meant the movie, which is awesome by the way :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've wanted to see them for decades and it never seemed to work out but this time it will. They're on their 40th anniversary tour and we're all getting to be old farts so I figure I better get to it and buy tickets. July is a looong time away.
You don't happen to have any Canadian blood in you do you Vindex? So many Canadian bands are huge here but are relatively unknown in the U.S. Rush is the head of that class for sure!

They are as good or better live than their albums. I've seen them many times, the last time on their Moving Pictures tour. No opening act and 1x 15 minute break in a 2hr summer outdoor concert!

If you get the chance Neil's books are excellent reads.

Mike

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Pretty much my favorite band of all time. First concert was Moving Pictures in the early eighties. Just to be able to watch Neil Peart, the drumming God!!!, is worth the price of admission. Not sure if id go see them anymore though. Musically they still sound unbelievable but Geddy's voice is gone. We're all getting old i guess.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My first concert ever was Rush on the Power Windows tour. I've seen them every time they stop in Chicago since then. R40, here I come!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's got to be rough singing that falsetto after all these years that's for sure!

Peart is definitely a "god" when it comes to the drums! Who else needs the roadies to build his kit around him after he sits down lol.

I always said that Rush was the most unlikely looking band. Geddy Lee is the only one who had that musician "look". Alex always looked preppy and Peart would have fit in on any construction site in the country! Lol

I'm planning to catch them at R40 somewhere!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of fans on here I'm told they sound better live and put on a great show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts