Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to have a Rusty Jones shift linkage like this? If so, can you tell me what the little screw at each end is for and what size it might be? The linkage wobbles some. So my guess is the screw firms that up but I can't figure out what size wrench it takes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not sure why you would have a set screw there. It needs to move on that bolt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I can guess is that the rod wobbles from side to side and the set screw would firm it up but I must not have the right size wrench for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
My 2 cents...
The set screw is holding the Heim joint race in place, probably because the link is made of soft, untempered aluminum. The recess appears to be a star or torx recess and not an Allen recess.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There isn't much left in their liquidation sale. If you write them and tell them you want set screw they might just send you one but I agree. the set screw is just a back up to keep the bearing in place. They use allens, if you only use Bondus USA Allen wrenches then you are a better mechanic than the rest.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I stand corrected....upon closer examination, that does appear to be an allen set screw. Damn 82 year old eyes. I guess they are worn out from all the great sights they have seen. Like when I was in high school and the 20 something pretty girl in the next (and very close) house didn't cover her bedroom windows, knowing I was watching. I believe that was anatomy homework.

·
12,983 Posts
Rusty Jones is american company and made here in the USA so I'm guessing its a SAE or american set screw not metric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts