Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry maybe thats a stupid question but i have to ask... when i start my new 2013 XCT there is a rusty water coming out of exhaust, my tips are getting rusty too ....so is that something i should worry about????

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's most likely condensation or crappy gas, you can't do much about the condensation but you can try different gas stations.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Do you keep your bike in a garage or covered most of the time? I've left mine out in the elements with no cover for a while and have the same tip rust.. mine seems to be from outside moisture.

·
Registered
144 Posts
rust

If you start it without letting it get up to temp the moisture cannot dry up. Running while cold does put out a lot of moisture.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in garage....thx guys...looks like if u start it ride it... :)

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
in garage....thx guys...looks like if u start it ride it... :)
You got that right. Much damage is done when you fire up an engine, run it a few minutes and then shut it down. Since this has been discussed at length in other threads, suffice it to say, never do it.

What you should do is, take fuel stabilizer with you to the last fill up before hibernation and put it in and fill the tank thoroughly, air up the tires to the upper limit (per the manual) and hook up an automatic trickle charger to the battery. Fire 'er up only if you are going out for a half hour or more so the oil gets up to full operating temperature. thumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts