Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had The Vic Shop install a Lloydz air filter and timing wheel and do a dyno tune today. It's a 7 hour drive for me one-way, and I'm not even home yet, but I'm so pumped over how much better my bike runs that I couldn't wait to get home before I bragged about it.

I expected a difference, but I was blown away at how much difference there was. I always thought my bike was a bit sluggish, but not any more. It's like I have a new bike. Rylan picked up 15 ft/lbs of torque and that is most definitely noticeable. I have a lot more power, and as a bonus I picked up about 4 mpg. And no more popping on decel and between gears.

I had planned to spend the night in West Des Moines and head home tomorrow, but the bike was such a joy to ride and the weather was so perfect, that I rolled on down the highway.

Thanks, Rylan!

·
12,972 Posts
How much did it coast. Am think about going own in two weeks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Excellent for you. All I hear about Rylan is that he is a master. I am looking forward to seeing him on my trek up and appointment for torque tubes and cams. I will say that unlike your situation, my bike is not sluggish as is and does not backfire or otherwise give me any problems, so I do hope it stays that way after the work is done.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent Jon! Can we assume you already had a good flowing set of mufflers on it?
Yes, I already had Tri-ovals.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Any dyno numbers available......:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did my pipes, pcv, timing wheel and filter myself. going to the vic shop on the 29th for cams and a dyno tune. im like a kid waiting on Christmas!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jealous! Been wanting to get out there for a long time. It's rough to get away for a couple days during the week though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks Jon. Here is his dyno graph. He came in with the dealer installed Tri-Oval kit, we did the rest.
Gee Rylan, did you have an authorization to share that confidential chart? I mean you are kind of like a doctor of mechanics and perform horse power and torque surgery on engines. The chart is a thing of beauty and achievement but so is my surgical report from removing my cancerous prostate and I am hoping my doctor doesn't post that....just kidding of course and am very much looking forward to your mastery on my bike...and please consider this post as my waiver of disclosure for my dyno chart...assuming you can beat me to posting it.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The master at work. My bike is embarrassingly dirty. I had to ride thru 50 miles of rain before I got to Rylan's shop.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Those Tri ovals look awesome !thumb up

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Nice numbers......:)

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
We took my Cross Roads and my sons Vegas down this spring. Couldn't be happier. But now my wife says she's taking her Vegas down to the Vic shop with or with out me. I've been giving her a hard time but as soon as we have time we will make another appointment. Rylan is da man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts