Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has a pc-v,tti and vic perf pipe.I am waiting on my cylinders to get back so i can install the 109 kit and .495 cams.
Does anyone else have a setup close to this.If so what kind of power does it make and how is the seat of the pants?
I also bought a 1.5" or 2" lowering kit.will i need to relocate the harness before I install it?

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
You'll love it. The .495 cams are great and these engines respond best to increases in bore (un-shrouds the valves). The Victory exhaust will be holding it back some and you might need to increse the rev limit to take advantage of the breathing potential.

If I build another one, it'll be a 109.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have not heard many good thing about the vic pipe,but i like the sound and got it off ebay for 100 bucks.Can you extend the rev with the pc-v.I am not looking forward to putting it back together.It has been apart for about a month and a half.UPS broke a fin off when I shipped it to Lloydz.Does the cam have decent street manners.It is hard to find people with that cam and it has had me worried about its street manners.Finally can you hear the cam pretty good?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still dont have my stuff back yet.lloydz got it on the jan. 30th but a fin got broke off in shipping.so they had to wait on ups to come look at it.they said they had the stuff to do the work at that time.around the 15th of Feb. they got the green light.only problem is they dont have the parts.guess some one else sent in for the same thing.what sucks about it is my bike is pulled apart in my garage and i hope i remeber how to put it together.lol.they said my clutch will be done this week but thats not the first time i have heard that.cylinders sometime after that.the customer service has been great just wish i had known it could take over a month to do a clutch and sleeve two cylinders.anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
still dont have my stuff back yet....................... anyone else had this problem?
1st time at Lloydz we took 2 bikes for 104s. Made the appointment 3 months in advance so all the parts would be in... supposed to take 3 weeks. Took 5 weeks. I went to the summer race as a freakin' spectator and watched Lloyd's bike race and win...

2nd time the bike went to Lloydz for TTI, Rev limiter, Thor pipe and retune. Made the appointment a month in advance and called three days before to make sure everything was in stock "yes, good to go". Left the bike 3 days while I went to NYC. Came back to get it and it's not done... go to the Dyno runs and look... SAME PIPE because they didn't get the Thor in...

3rd time my bike was at Lloydz it lived there for SEVEN MONTHS. I could have scratch built a bike from the ground up in my spare time in less than 7 months. Picked it up with no heat shields on the pipe and it took 45 days for the heat shields to get to my house. Small piece of fin broken off the rear head. They didn't reinstall the bags, and when they gave me my old pipes they were the wrong ones... belonged to someone else.

All three times the bike was filthy when I picked it up.

One would think that after a brother spends $11,000 in a place of business that he would receive exemplary customer service. Nope, sorry.

Hope you're not in a hurry...

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
While I'm bitchin'....

Last time I went to get the bike it was being tuned. The run that I saw with my eyes was 133 H/136 T. Lloyd said it made better numbers on other passes but it was cold, which skews the SAE correction factors. Lloyd printed that one graph for me but the printer cut it off at 2600 rpm. Lloyd said he would e-mail me the dyno charts, so I trashed the one he printed because it was cut off anyway.

Then the thumb drive the runs were on got crushed... Guess what? I have NO DOCUMENTATION AT ALL OF WHAT THIS MOTOR MAKES ON A DYNO. Supposedly, it made 136/142... but I didn't see it and don't have the chart... so all I can say for sure is it made 133/136 because Joe and I both witnessed that.

Don't take this wrong, I love Lloydie like a brother, but his customer service skills leave a lot to be desired. His motors run like a mother phucker... but it's like dealing with an artist. Everything is on his terms and on his schedule and a sense of ugency doesn't enter into it. You drop off the bike, when it's done you get to pay the bill and take it home (and wash it yourself). Oh, you wanted input? 'Fraid not. You'll get what he gives ya.

·
Registered
526 Posts
1st time at Lloydz we took 2 bikes for 104s. Made the appointment 3 months in advance so all the parts would be in... supposed to take 3 weeks. Took 5 weeks. I went to the summer race as a freakin' spectator and watched Lloyd's bike race and win...

2nd time the bike went to Lloydz for TTI, Rev limiter, Thor pipe and retune. Made the appointment a month in advance and called three days before to make sure everything was in stock "yes, good to go". Left the bike 3 days while I went to NYC. Came back to get it and it's not done... go to the Dyno runs and look... SAME PIPE because they didn't get the Thor in...

3rd time my bike was a Lloydz it lived there for SEVEN MONTHS. I could have scratch built a bike from the ground up in my spare time in less than 7 months. Picked it up with no heat shields on the pipe and it took 45 days for the heat shields to get to my house. Small piece of fin broken off the rear head. They didn't reinstall the bags, and when they gave me my old pipes they were the wrong ones... belonged to someone else.

All three times the bike was filthy when I picked it up.

One would think that after a brother spends $11,000 in a place of business that he would receive exemplary customer service. Nope, sorry.

Hope you're not in a hurry...
I have an appointment for April for pipes, TTi, cams, and power commander with rev extend and dyno tune. Lloyd and someone else told me it would be done in one day. Now I'm a little worried. :(

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
I have an appointment for April for pipes, TTi, cams, and power commander with rev extend and dyno tune. Lloyd and someone else told me it would be done in one day. Now I'm a little worried. :(
In defense of Lloydz, he has several employees now. He was a 2-man shop... then a ONE man shop for a while there. I'm sure you'll be fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input.i did not realize he had a small shop.that explains alot.it is easy to get backed up.i think i will be happy with it when i get it back together but man this sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
If you put it together right, it'll be more fun than sex. The results always make the process worth it...

If I ever do another one, it'll be based on a 2007 bike and:
109" big bore
Shave 10 lbs off the crank & balance it
11:1 pistons
VM1-HP cams
Heads done and big valves from the V-92
50mm tapered bore throttle bodies
6700 rpm rev limit

Goal would be 140 streetable and reliable horsepower. Should easily get there. When the ol' 110 wears out... IT'S ON!

Reason for that package? With the 106 crank, the engine is undersquare (more stroke than bore, even at 116") and the rods are too short (lower rod ratio). A larger bore on a 100" motor is the ticket... I LOVE the way they run/feel. That said.... believe me, the 110 is a runner and a brutal street package... I'm just saying that I prefer the character/nature of a big bore over that of a stroker motor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one more week down with no parts.clutch was supposed to be done this week but never heard from them:(.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey crazy that sounds just like the build im going to do.. im like you.. im going to be at the track with this thing quite often. but my bike is going to have a twist... E85... cheaper than premium.. ALOT higher octane.. im going to see if i can get away with the 14:1 pistons with that :).. but i want to build my 109 cheap.. i have access to all the machines i need i just want to know if Lloyd just bores out the original sleeve or replace it with a bigger one? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
i have access to all the machines i need i just want to know if Lloyd just bores out the original sleeve or replace it with a bigger one? thanks
You can always ask Lloyd... But... they re-sleeve the cylinders with ductile iron liners (Lloydie is not a fan of Nikasil plating). I agree now, because at the track the Nikasil bikes slow down when they get hot, the Lloydz built bikes run the same on the 1st pass or the 6th pass in a row.

Does E-85 (different specific gravity than gasoline) require a change in fuel pressure, injector sizes, or ignition timing? How different will tuning be? Compression ratio for me is 11.2:1 and the bike runs fine on 92 octane pump gasoline.

·
Registered
9 Posts
no fuel pressure is same.. just need roughly 30% more fuel.. i havent looked at the injectors on this thing to see if you can get bigger ones but might not need to.. as long as you dont go over 85% duty cycle max then you can run it.. you can add A LOT more timing and the power difference.. well for me on my turbo cars is just f-ing awesome... my turbo car loves the crap out of it.. tuning would be same as an o2 sensor will still read the right ratio,14.7 for stoich and around 12:1 for a mean tune.. just takes the extra fuel to get there.. i havent seen any evidence of a bike on e85 yet.. but a downfall to getting every hp out of e85 is you have to use a dyno(obviously) because e85 wont detonate or ping like gas does when you ahve too much timing.. it will just go BOOM one day.. but you should just keep adding timing until there is no hp gain really.. plus how it runs cooler and the biggest part, it smells good and being the fact you can run higher c/r the bike will be louder, which is what i want..

i dont see spending another 700 bucks just to have the jugs resleeved being worth it is all.. the 14:1 105.5mm pistons are 630

·
Registered
9 Posts
i found a link yesterday when i guy used a newer,07 i think,harley and converted it to run on both gas and e85.. didnt change anything but the tune.. said it got about the same mileage.. but had more power

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what is the octane on e85.14:1 sounds like a lot of comp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive read 104 alot. but some say its only high 90's.. 94 at lowest.. so idk.. only experience i have is trying to run my car with 110 and running OK... switched to e85 and just threw lots of timing into it and it was a whole new car.. spending the same time on each tune... im not going to give you an exact number cuz i dont know it ha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts