Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have a 2013 Hammer S which has the following.

Victory Straights with the spike cut off the front of the baffle.
S&S air cleaner (was a stage 1 Victory cleaner)
Lloyd's Timing wheel
Stage 1 Victory flash.

I have an S&S ECU calibration card and I'm wondering it this would be a better base to work from rather than the Victory Stage 1 flash?

I also do have a PCV and Autotune which I'd like to take off at some stage hence the above question.

cheers all.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Let the Autotune do its job and leave the PCV on. That will out perform any flash. The Autotune will give your bike a custom tune while the card offers only a base map, custom is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Pcv

PCV is the way to go. It's already paid for, you have it on there, and it has the auto tune. Why step back on on the performance? If your not comfortable with setting it up, take it an have it tuned on a dyno. Which if I understand correctly the auto tune is suppose to do a pretty darn good job of tuning it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
If I recall, the only calibration card from S&S was for their cams. If that's the case, you probably don't want to use it unless you have cams, too.

·
13,003 Posts
The PCV auto tune is only good for 6 rides then you have to add the info to your map. Now you keep adding till you get the right setting / map info.
Write Rylan and ask him how you go about doing it.

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The PCV auto tune is only good for 6 rides then you have to add the info to your map. Now you keep adding till you get the right setting / map info.
Write Rylan and ask him how you go about doing it.

[email protected]

The autotune will make changes of up to 20% (or whatever it’s configured to in the settings). I’m under the impression that those changes are applied to the base tune immediately while running, effectively automatically tuning the engine while you ride, the target being whatever AFR is in that cell at the time.

Accepting the trims will allow further trimming (if it wanted more than a 20% change) since the trims are reset to zero; it can make another adjustment up to 20% again. I saw it recommended somewhere that when you start to get it dialed in to set that percentage down to 10% to limit the changes should something go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts