Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed from s&s filter to torque tubes. If so was it worth the money. My bike runs good now. It has s&s filter .495 cams ported head done by me ( I work at a automotive performance shop and have been doing heads for 12 years) hacker 2 into 1 pipe. It made 114 HP last year and ran a best of 11.79 at the track. The rev limiter shut it down on the dyno as it was still climbing so the computer has come off and is on its way to get it bumped up. Since I'm going to re dyno the bike I might put the torque tubes on. Any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Give Rylan or Lloyd a call and get the answer from those who do it for a living.

I have read the TT are better but don't know how much better. It might be a waste of money if you already have the S&S.

·
Registered
690 Posts
There will be an across the board improvement. But, how much I don't know. I'm sure HC will chime in on this. He made a similar switch and liked the results.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
This was on a 104" engine with 11:1 compression, .495s, bowl blending/polished valves/multi angle valve job, RPW Slash (SlashNess) pipes, and PC-III.

Blue lines S&S airbox... Red lines Torque Tubes... no other changes, just a re-tune.

Gains at peak were 2.3 HP/11.76 ft-lbs. The biggest gains came at 3400 RPM where it picked up 11 HP/17 ft-lbs.

They're not called "torque tubes" for nothin'... 107 ft-lbs @ 2200 RPM.

The reason for the shape of the graphs (flat until 3200) is the pipes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks half crazy, i have a 2011 vegas 8 ball.
VM1 cams, TTI, PCV, IAV ready to be installed.
Either RPW Slash or Thor pipe?
cant see any dyno charts :confused:
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Close your eyes and relax. I'll show you the dyno graphs telepathically...
Right click on the link... select "open in new window"... see it?

Obviously, I favor the Thor pipe (since I took off the Slash and put on the Thor) but which pipe is a decision you need to make. It's not my bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got the computer back in today. It definitely need the rev limiter turned up. It pulls all the way to 6600 really good. I can tell the torque tubes made a differance it has more throttle response at 3000. Now I just got to go to the dyno and redo my tune.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Sent you a PM Hammer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts